ForumsSupport ForumThe Merit system is flawed

21 3936
soniclover22
soniclover22
50 posts
Nomad

when someone posts a comment that is merit worthy there isn't a very good chance that a moderator will find them and award them the merit point, so i say there should be some sort of system to guide mods to merit-worthy comments. the system could be as simple as sending a mod a message when a comment was posted with say 150 words or more (for example) then the mods can go to that comment and see if it's merit worthy or not. i think this would severely increase the amount of merit points given fairly.

• 21 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

i also said "detailed"

Even if it is detailed, it might be just describing the game, which a lot of people have done, but is not merit worthy. Consider the review the main point you type it, just for the sake of the dev making better games. The merit is just the bonus.
soniclover22
soniclover22
50 posts
Nomad

but i see what everyone means, true, this may not be the best way, or even a good way to solve the problem, but if merits are going to continue there needs to be a system for giving it to the people who deserve them.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

But merits are not going to continue.
Nor is AP as we know it.

Asgar16926
Asgar16926
53 posts
Peasant

@Cenere, good point that had slipped my mind so this was kinda pointless. I read part of your ranty reply, and i have to sya tht I wasnt suggesting that you werent doing your job well enough, simply that it is impossible to find all meritable comments.

Or are you saying that every single comment gets read by a mod? In which case my apologies for giving you more of the work you so obviously hate.

TheNinjaDragon
TheNinjaDragon
30 posts
Nomad

Those mods must have it tough. If they do have to read every single comment. But the trouble of taking time to lock threads "unworthy" to continue any longer must drain their time. I'm pretty sure I heard a mod complain about that before.

Asgar16926
Asgar16926
53 posts
Peasant

my point exactly. none of us are even implying that you arent doing your jobs right. We are just saying that that part of it is impossible.

but then merits are discontinued so problem solved i guess

Showing 16-21 of 21