Aug 12, 2016
In Call of War, you take the reigns over a multitude of nations during the darkest hours of human history: The Second World War. You have to build up your cities, expand your country, manage your economy, bargain with other rulers, spy your enemies, forge strong alliances and build a powerful army to prepare for the call of war. You have a great strategic overview over a huge historical map, on which you can order your commands and see your armies move in real time. Everything is possible in Call of War.
June 7, 2017
Dear generals, we are aware that some of you have experienced temporary problems with some of your games. Today we would like to provide some background information about these issues.
In the past weeks we have been working on overhauling our server infrastructure and architecture from the ground up. This will help us to increase reliability and especially keep downtimes due to hardware failures at a minimum. This was a problem a couple of times in the past and we hope to solve this for the future.
However, this may come with a few bumps in the road since such an infrastructural change is complex and some temporary outages or problems may arise during the current hot phase of the move.
In case of huge losses and disadvantages in your game, please make sure to open a ticket with a proper description what you lost. This will make it easier for us to check your case.
We apologize for the inconveniences and thank you for your understanding.
Your Call of War Team
April 20, 2017
In times of war, every good strategist requires regular status updates: How many casualties? How weak is our enemy currently? They want to compare themselves to each other, but only one can be the best!
From now on it will be possible to check your progress in real time. This means: Your statistics will be updated immediately and you will be able to literally watch how your ranking gets higher and higher.
Up until now statistics were only updated once per day.
Go in and win!
Players of same team in team/coalition games now have shared map as default relation.
Added an animation to the Goldmark balance change in the resource bar.
We also added several improvements for mobile devices.
Enjoy the game and good luck!
Your Call of War Team
February 17, 2017
this month’s report has again awesome new features for our community. During the last month we
released a new map, which gives you the opportunity to experience the game in a completely new way.
Here are some facts:
● The provinces have hex field shapes.
● It is a pointsymmetrical map with one main island and several small islands.
● It is made for 5vs5, 5 players on each side of the island. Perfectly suited for alliance games.
● Every player starts with 22 provinces.
● Everything is perfectly balanced for both teams.
● Multiple AI countries can be conquered for an additional advantage.
● The terrain is designed to create multiple fighting hotspots with different possible strategies.
● The resource distribution & player positions within a team are designed in a way to encourage different roles and focuses (like land offensive or air & naval support).
● The research cost and times are reduced by 50%.
To achieve the best game experience on this new strategical map we recommend to create maps with enabled peace period and starts when full settings.
The map is a Gold Feature. This means, to enter the map you will have to pay 5.000 Gold or be part of the High Command.
With High Command you have for example access to following additional features:
● Join other Gold rounds, such as anonymous rounds and maps with Elite AI.
● Set rally points to make it easier for your units to get in position.
● Queue your buildings, think ahead.
● Your units will be able to listen to advanced fire control commands.
● Share the the information you gathered with your allies.
● Upload pictures in the newspaper to give your article the ultimate visualization.
Additionally we implemented a feature that shows you instantly the estimated production/construction time in the panel. Also our diplomacy list will now order players correctly (active players, inactive players, AI)
We wish our Generals a lot of fun with those changes, and feel free to share your best strategies with us in the forum. ;)
Your Call of War Team