ForumsPopular MediaBreaking Bad

27 9886
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
70 posts
Nomad

Discuss the show? Spoiler and stuff allowed. This show is freakin' amazing. Walt is a ****** of the highest order..

• 27 Replies
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I just started watching it. I love Bryan Cranston. He's an amazing actor to go from Hal in Malcom in the Middle to this. I think Skylar is a *****. Anyone else think Walt Jr. looks like Jim from The Office?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've only watched the first few episodes, so please give spoiler alerts before you spoil anything.

I will say, though, that I have never seen anything as disgusting on TV as the whole hydrochloric-bathtub scene and aftermath. I can hardly wait to see what's in store for later episodes.

Anyone else think Walt Jr. looks like Jim from The Office?

"I thought we were going to Cold Stone Creamery."

I laughed out loud when he said that and I don't know why.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I want to respond to the posts here, but I feel like that would spoil things.

I watched all the episodes a few weeks ago because a friend recommended it. I was skeptical at first because I only knew the main character as Hal, but I love the series. I can't wait until they come out with a new one. I heard it was going to be the last, which is unfortunate.

But I will say this, the character development and plot are amazing. Except for Skylar, she will always be as Dudeguy said. I've noticed most women of AMC are like that.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I want to respond to the posts here, but I feel like that would spoil things.

Just put in a clear *SPOILER ALERT* and those of us who haven't seen our fair share of episodes will stay clear of that part of the post.

I was skeptical at first because I only knew the main character as Hal, but I love the series

At the beginning of the series, Walter was not too different from Hal. I haven't seen enough of the series to notice much character development, other than the obvious character changes that Walter goes through in the very beginning.
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
70 posts
Nomad

Apparently there are rumors about a Breaking Bad movie <3 http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-a-breaking-bad-movie-bryan-cranston-doesnt-rule-it-out-20120615,0,3312537.story

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I've noticed most women of AMC are like that.

Youre right... Thinking of The Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels... Jeez...

I also think Hank is hilarious. Jesse is a good actor and character too.
I lol'd when we found out Jesse's little brother smokes pot.

And thanks for all the hullabaloo, hulabaloo.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows on TV and it just keeps getting better. Every season has been better than the last.
I really like that the show isnât all drama and tension all the time. It can actually be really funny.

Anyway, my only complain with Breaking Bad is Skyler. I hate her. I can't stand her.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Anyway, my only complain with Breaking Bad is Skyler. I hate her. I can't stand her.

I don't think she's entirely useless. She gave one good idea to Walt to launder the money, but that's about it.

I know this probably shouldn't be funny, but I laughed at that scene at Ted's house - the one when Saul sent those two men to assure he followed through. Just the way it happened made me laugh.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

The sad thing is that Sklyer should be the most relatable character on the show, she is supposed to be the show's moral compass, but instead I find myself hoping that she'll get caught in the crossfire.
Plus, her story arcs are plain boring ...

That scene was indeed pretty funny. Breaking Bad's dark humor is always refreshingly welcome!

By the way, Saul Goodman is an amazing character, he has added a lot of value to the overall show with both great comedy and criminality. Better call Saul!

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I had to avert my eyes for the last two posts... Y'all almost spoiled stuff.

I just eatched the episode where Jesse trys to get his money back from the junkies. Poor lil ginger kid.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I had to avert my eyes for the last two posts.

I think we were being as vague as possible.
I just eatched the episode where Jesse trys to get his money back from the junkies.

I expected the wife to do that to her husband, but I was still surprised by it. The sound it made was disturbing.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

I found my new attorney.

I'm actually surprised a site like that exists. Was it created by a fan or the creators of the show? It looks well made.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I'm actually surprised a site like that exists. Was it created by a fan or the creators of the show?

I think it was probably made by the creators of the show. It has the AMC logo, so the site must be somewhat official.

Did you check out Saul's philanthropic causes?
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

That was made by his son, Walter White Jr.

Showing 1-15 of 27