ForumsGamesDoes anyone here play Toribash?

6 7594
Greenslade
Greenslade
43 posts
Nomad

Hey does anyone here play toribash?
I'm a noob and would really like some advice/move combos/tips for toribash to help improve my playing.

• 6 Replies
nmt17
nmt17
122 posts
Nomad

what the hell is that

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I think he's talking about this game.
(^note site has blood and decapitation^)

I don't play it, but it looks like a funny game-ish thing.

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

Look stupid and to much bloody

Greenslade
Greenslade
43 posts
Nomad

Trust me its pretty awesome once you get the hang of it, especially the multiplayer mode. anyway, the blood can be removed in the options.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Did somebody say Toribash?

AWESOOOOOMMMEEEEEEE.

I don't have the time to play the latest version online, sadly, but I have played around with earlier versions so I know how it works. It's a physics based game, so you have to think in terms of weight, momentum and rigidity. Think of where the center of gravity of the person is and what you're moving and how that changes things relative to that center.

Hm, that may not make sense. As you may know, you can do the following to a joint: Relax, hold, flex, extend and rotate, depending on what joint it is.

However the physics are simpler than real life, so I can think of the following tips:

Holding a joint is important for body rigidity- it is easier to move the body around when it is moving as one unit. However, relaxing a joint allows parts of the body to move without affecting what other parts are doing so much. For maximum damage when hitting somebody, make sure that the limb is in some form of tension at least just before it hits.

Momentum- it's much easier to go with the movement than against it. If, for example, you're swinging your leg through and across in a roundhouse, your body will rotate with it, so swing the other leg around in the same direction to complete it. Also be mindful of what the rest of your body is doing- it will move faster if all your body parts *assist* the motion rather than counter it.

Strength- the toribash bodies have great strength all around, so don't be afraid to land on your hands and feet in any position. Whether you're playing with penalties for touching the ground should influence your decision but hitting anything with things other than your hands and feet will result in some damage points.

The real thing I recommend is practice. Just have fun playing by yourself, seeing what the body can and can't do. Try doing random things like spinning on your hand, or dismembering yourself and throwing your arm at your opponent. The settings for the number of frames each turn takes is also handy, as well as lengthening the rounds and turning off the disqualifications so you're free to do as you please.

Greenslade
Greenslade
43 posts
Nomad

Ok thanks a ton, those seem like some pretty good suggestions. its good to see im not the only one who plays toribash.
once again, thanks

Showing 1-6 of 6