ForumsWEPRMedia Bias

27 10236
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Have you noticed that a lot of news networks are quite bias against conservatives and Christians? Maybe the news wil take it lightly if there was a bobming by those evil islamic terrorists at some church, but they take it more seriosly if another relgion was attacked. The bias owner of BBC news even admitted that the news took attacks on Christians very lightly compared with other religions! Are you outraged?! I am very mad about the media bias. And news companies like pbs news even say that they listen to both sides, have debates evenly, but they are acrually politically bias towards the right wing! This outrageous behavior must stop.

• 27 Replies
_DC_
_DC_
17 posts
Nomad

Some media stations do have a bias but most do not hopefully. They should really make that bias illegal.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Some media stations do have a bias but most do not hopefully. They should really make that bias illegal.

true but i doubt its possible. its like making subjectivity illegal. you cant get inside someone who doesnt know the difference between fact/opinion/belief and decide what he is allowed to say.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I've done some journalism intern-stuff, and I can tell you that objectivity is only possible for news reports that are just reporting something; there isn't anything much biased you can write about a car accident.

Opinion pieces of course, are opinions, and will be biased. So a bias is always normal, but should not be twisted in a way that it clouds actual happenings.

xeden
xeden
250 posts
Nomad

Media bias has destroyed the credibility of once prominent broadcasters. Example? Fox News.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Even the US it's staunchest ally says the trial was not transparent, credible or thorough. Says quite a lot really.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

And I dislike the Right wing. Why do they even get the "Right" side?

You have to blame the French revolutionaries for choosing their sitting arrangements around their King for that one.

As for name calling; both sides do it. Deal with it.
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Do right wing people call women on the opposite side ****s and *****s? i know there is name calling but does the right wing call women such nasty names as these?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Do right wing people call women on the opposite side ****s and *****s? i know there is name calling but does the right wing call women such nasty names as these?

There are people on both sides insulting others equally aggressively, treating them equally badly, though maybe in different ways. Taking out a few examples is hardly a good argument. Nor is it representative for a whole party.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Yes they have. Pat Robertson, The famed evangelical has called
Feminism a movement that practices witchcraft amongst other claims about women.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The famed evangelical has called
Feminism a movement that practices witchcraft amongst other claims about women.

Famed as in famous? I'd say infamous instead. This guy is the biggest idiot in the US. He brainwashes innocent kids with his stupid and narrow views of the World.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Famed as in famous? I'd say infamous instead. This guy is the biggest idiot in the US. He brainwashes innocent kids with his stupid and narrow views of the World.

It can go both ways; famous for most, but famed for more extreme right wingers.
Showing 16-27 of 27