Nomad

Why?*

*I'm not gay myself.

• 85 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

oh wow.... i go to sleep and 3 new pages appear??....

so let me start by saying sorry in advance. i didnt read those 3 pages and you might have already agreed on something so im just saying what i think with my logic.

we dont have sex to have children. we have sex because it feels good. if what you are saying is true and homosexuality isnt right because it doesnt create life would that mean you are also against condoms and people who physically cant make children. are those people doomed to never have sex because they cant have children?

look at animals too. do you think an insect, a cat, a lion KNOWS that by putting his thing into hers he gets many little lions who will pass on his genes? animals too do it for pleasure (and that also explains why homosexuality exists in animals too).

again, sorry if after those 3 pages this statement was irrelevant

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

if what you are saying is true and homosexuality isnt right because it doesnt create life would that mean you are also against condoms and people who physically cant make children.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the pope (the actual or previous, or probably both) against the use of condoms (even in Africa where it could help against AIDS)? Because it prevents potential lives to be born and leads to having sex for pleasure... which is completely escapist since not having condoms will not prevent you from having sex for pleasure.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I regret bringing this up.

That is all.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I regret bringing this up.

If you're open to changing your views there is nothing to regret. It's okay to be wrong. It's okay to try to argue your point when others claim you are wrong. It's okay to admit to being wrong even after trying to defend your point and trying to adjust accordingly. Keeping bringing things up, keep challenging what you think.

Correcting a mistake in thinking is something to be proud of, specially under the circumstances.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

If you're open to changing your views there is nothing to regret. It's okay to be wrong. It's okay to try to argue your point when others claim you are wrong. It's okay to admit to being wrong even after trying to defend your point and trying to adjust accordingly. Keeping bringing things up, keep challenging what you think.

Correcting a mistake in thinking is something to be proud of, specially under the circumstances.

I think I have been partially wrong in some aspects and I apologize. The tough part for me to handle is when I am the only one with my view....like 1:4. And when I admit defeat, the other point is being continually argued, even though the counter-argument is finished.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Now I feel bad for opening this can of worms. Apologies.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Hahaha, you just happen to have a better founded argument then I; I respect that.

I was just hoping when I admitted defeat at your superior intellect, others would recognize the &quotrocreation" bit had been beaten to death.

Seems I was sadly mistaken.

I know I'm wrong in some aspects. It's hard enough to admit it to one person, let alone four.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the pope (the actual or previous, or probably both) against the use of condoms (even in Africa where it could help against AIDS)? Because it prevents potential lives to be born and leads to having sex for pleasure... which is completely escapist since not having condoms will not prevent you from having sex for pleasure.

and thus was ana l sex born XD by a straight couple nevertheless (spelled wrong? can i even use that word here?).

i wouldnt be surprised if they were christian too XD
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

It's because people fear things that are different.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I almost killed the thread there. 0.o

It's because people fear things that are different.

But does this always translate to hate?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think it's pretty obvious from a Biblical standpoint: it's against God because He made women for man to enjoy, and if man didn't enjoy his woman, then he was disrespecting God. The same logic applies to suicide. He looks at you for being ungrateful to what He has given you.

I'm Catholic, but I'm not against it. I ignore it. Hell, I'm all for gay marriage. Let 'em marry. It doesn't bother you, does it? I hate it when people go around telling people what they should and shouldn't do. Besides, it's a sin to speak on behalf of God.

Conservative need to grow up and realize we don't live in the 1800's. We know there is nothing necessarily 'wrong' with homosexuals. We have advanced medical science that can back that. It's different. Big deal.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I think it's pretty obvious from a Biblical standpoint: it's against God because He made women for man to enjoy, and if man didn't enjoy his woman, then he was disrespecting God. The same logic applies to suicide. He looks at you for being ungrateful to what He has given you.

I'm Catholic, but I'm not against it. I ignore it. Hell, I'm all for gay marriage. Let 'em marry. It doesn't bother you, does it? I hate it when people go around telling people what they should and shouldn't do. Besides, it's a sin to speak on behalf of God.

Conservative need to grow up and realize we don't live in the 1800's. We know there is nothing necessarily 'wrong' with homosexuals. We have advanced medical science that can back that. It's different. Big deal.

I agree with like, 96% of that, except for the whole religious aspect of it. You can't use 'God's Will' to sway those who don't believe in Him. But I do agree with the 'who cares' statement. It doesn't bother or affect me if they marry.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I agree with like, 96% of that, except for the whole religious aspect of it. You can't use 'God's Will' to sway those who don't believe in Him. But I do agree with the 'who cares' statement. It doesn't bother or affect me if they marry.

I'm not swaying anyone with God's will. I was just stating a fact out of the Bible.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I'm not swaying anyone with God's will. I was just stating a fact out of the Bible.

Right, and I'm golden with the bible; I'm a theist as well. But I've quickly learned 'God' can't be used for any reason, at all, for any debate.

Period.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Right, and I'm golden with the bible; I'm a theist as well. But I've quickly learned 'God' can't be used for any reason, at all, for any debate.

Period

Right. We can't use God as a reason. That's why we have aliens.

http://i.qkme.me/35u74j.jpg

Clearly.
Showing 61-75 of 85