Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Clearly.

I'm just saying bro.

God, I love sarcasm.

I use that guy's meme whenever I need to make aliens look stupid. xD

Anyways, where were we? Oh, yeah.

People are against gay marriage because it's really all in their beliefs. There is no medical evidence to disprove that homosexuals are Ok. There are no passages in the Bible that directly say to be against gay marriage; only to not partake in it yourself. There are no laws that say you must be against gay marriage.

The idea comes from generations of misconception and bad observations.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Sarcasm is the bread and butter of life.

People are against gay marriage because it's really all in their beliefs. There is no medical evidence to disprove that homosexuals are Ok. There are no passages in the Bible that directly say to be against gay marriage; only to not partake in it yourself. There are no laws that say you must be against gay marriage.

I agree with that; I'm not going to be homosexual anytime soon, but I sure as heck don't condemn those who are. I want them to be happy.

....we can't really have much of a debate or even continue this thread if we sit around and agree with each other :P

....Ahem.

Gay marriage is horrible. It should be banned forever. It should never be manifested in the countries of the world. I am 100% against everything 'homo'. HOMOPHOBIA FOR THE WIN.

That should stir things up. ^-^
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I think it's pretty obvious from a Biblical standpoint: it's against God because He made women for man to enjoy, and if man didn't enjoy his woman, then he was disrespecting God. The same logic applies to suicide. He looks at you for being ungrateful to what He has given you.

Ignoring the misogynistic overtones, this isn't a very good argument in any case.

-Does God really not know that not everyone likes the same thing? If we don't like strawberries, is that an affront to God because he supposedly made them? What about spinach? Or turkey?

-Why should not accepting/liking a gift warrant eternal punishment?
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Why should not accepting/liking a gift warrant eternal punishment?

Well this is how I think of it. Imagine you found a spare dollar in your pants, and you offered it to me, but I was like 'meh'. Then, imagine we were BFFs and you sold your house to give the precedes to me, but I rejected it and was like 'meh'. They stand on two different levels of importance. Obviously, it's a ridiculous example, but the point stands. I mean, life is the greatest gift of all. However, I can't think of anywhere where it says "Suicide warrants eternal ****ation. Forever. And ever. And ever". Plus there's the fact that the bible has been....'adjusted' over the past couple millennia to suit individual's needs.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Well this is how I think of it. Imagine you found a spare dollar in your pants, and you offered it to me, but I was like 'meh'. Then, imagine we were BFFs and you sold your house to give the precedes to me, but I rejected it and was like 'meh'. They stand on two different levels of importance. Obviously, it's a ridiculous example, but the point stands. I mean, life is the greatest gift of all. However, I can't think of anywhere where it says "Suicide warrants eternal ****ation. Forever. And ever. And ever". Plus there's the fact that the bible has been....'adjusted' over the past couple millennia to suit individual's needs.

there is a difference. the person who sold the house sacrificed himself for your hapiness. actually a dollar is valuable for everybody since every human being uses it. actually imagine giving a million dollar to some guy who is happy living with his tribe in the woods... i doubt he would be overly happy about your gift.

and life isnt always great. some people have horibble lives and i can make up a story about a person with a horibble life.

besides, god gave eve to adam not to the human race. i really cant understand why people compare eve to EVERY single girl and adam to EVERY single man.
gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

Well, I oppose it. But that's not stopping them. So as long as they're not pressuring me to become one, than I won't stop it.

armorjamesus
armorjamesus
17 posts
Peasant

The government shouldn't be involved in any marriage, I saw a video of a marriage that didn't involve gov or religion and I think that's the way they all should be. The gov is an evil entity and people shouldn't bother asking it's permission to get married.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

However, I can't think of anywhere where it says "Suicide warrants eternal ****ation. Forever. And ever. And ever".

The reason it's not there is because suicide was incredibly rare in the old days. People held life as sacred. They believed that the dead were conscious of nothing, no paradise, no firey hell, just dead (Ecclesiastes 9:4-10).
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Hating gays is like Hating black people

Showing 76-85 of 85