ForumsWEPRFirst Impression on Chinese

51 13290
wdhehao
wdhehao
3 posts
Farmer

I'm Chinese Player and I loooOOOooooOOOOOooOOoOoOove ARMOR GAMES!!!!
I no this website opens for the whole world,lots of people gathered here for fun,for make friends.
as Chinese,we r curious about how people thinks us,so i wanna do a survey here~
just to know what the first impression on your mind when you guys talk about Chinese.or communicate with them.
I will check every response with my heart,i have a heart to do this here,so i sincerely hope that one who response me would choose ur word carefully,thanks....
P.S sorry for the grammar and spelling...
P.Ss this is the first time i post here,little nervous...

• 51 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Hi wdhehao, welcome to Armor Games.

If I remember correctly somebody made a topic like this before, but it was actually a couple of years ago, and it's worth revisiting. I assume you're posting from somewhere in mainland China, as there are a few Chinese expatriates and children of expatriates here. There are also many of Chinese ethnicity from the South-East Asian region (Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia).

It's hard to say what my impression is because there just seems to be so much mystery about the country China itself, and therefore the people who live there. In the past I recall arguments between those who lived in/had come from China and those who did not, generally centered around the "distorted representation by the Western media of China", fuelled by concerns about the changing stage of the world economy. Therefore it's hard to say what is what, and it would be worth hearing what you had to say about a few questions, as I believe the answers may be changing. Most of the questions seem to center around human rights, manufacturing quality control, government transparency... that is to say, all the things that relate to China emerging as a global superpower. For example:

1) What are your views on the CCP's stance on political freedoms, and have they been shifting more recently? This question relates to such things as internet censorship, religion, and, dare I say it, such movements as Falun Gong, which has received much press throughout the world.

2) Wealth disparities exist in most, if not every country. Australia (where I live) is no exception and in fact it seems that it is currently worsening. What's the wealth distribution situation like in China, seeing that it is so large, and so populous?

3) A particularly contentious issue: what is your stance on Taiwan and Tibet, both areas claimed to be part of China's governing region, but under dispute. The Western world has seen much ado particularly about Tibet in more recent years, but limitation of journalistic coverage in these regions only fuelled more speculation.

I know this isn't exactly a response to your survey, but nonetheless I hope you'll respond, as it seems your aim is to establish a dialogue and I want to try and facilitate this in the best way possible.

wdhehao
wdhehao
3 posts
Farmer

Strop
i donno how 2 respond u correctly so i just quote u.i hope u can c it~~~~
first of all,thanks for the responds patiently
i can not make a fully answer to your responses cuz being a Chinese,we dont even no the answer ourselves,i think this is the best part of want gov did.cover us in a big black blanket.
1. of want u say about the political freedoms, i can only say every country has its own political policies,laws,and it will make the best use of it after fought for years.ours maybe not the best, but the right for most of us.about internet censorship~~well that is the most funny thing ive ever seen,we can not us Twits.Youtude Facebook,and so many webs that will connect us around the world.kinda pathetic.....
about FALUN GONG,im not the gov talker, we admit that the mistakes we made.and bothers our foreign neighbors.but we r trying to make the things right.
2. about wealth disparities,like i said,every country worries that.
and our population is soooo big....our gov is now making the best effert 2 shorten the disparities.but still.the progress is running..
3.we have 56 rigions in total.honestly i think the gov's step is too slow in the territory issues,one the other hand,the best move for now is to compromise in some benefit considering.and the big picture of the peace of the whole world.
little tired after typing these Chinglish characters...i hope u can understand................sorry for the grammar again.....
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Well, when I first think of the Chinese, I think of:

a) Delicious food
b) A (somewhat) oppressive government (sorry for the brute honesty)
c) Somewhere where US jobs are shipped for cheap labor (again, sorry)

I dislike Chinese policies, mainly because they use them for dollar-per-day labor and then to flood US markets with cheap goods that break easily. In fact, the only thing I've had made in China that hasn't totally self-destructed is my iPhone.

I am curious on how educated your government allows you to become on issues like the Tiananmen Square Massacre.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry if I bruise your feelings here. They're my honest opinions.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I had some acquaintances go to China recently, sounds like a decent place for tourists, at least. It also sounds pretty much like any other city, crowded with streets that are insane to cross.

b) A (somewhat) oppressive government (sorry for the brute honesty)

I was going to say something earlier, but I would not want our little friend here to come down with an onset of sudden adult death syndrome. It would be either that our our forums will be flooded with people being payed pennies to post...

Thanks for the reply, and sorry if I bruise your feelings here. They're my honest opinions.

Zaky, you need to learn a lot about bruising people's feelings. Your not doing it right. You say the word "Sorry" after every word, if he is offended by this then he really should not be on the internet.

I would be more worried about his paranoid government finding him for you using the word "Tiananmen Square" and shipping him off to Siberia.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I dislike Chinese policies, mainly because they use them for dollar-per-day labor and then to flood US markets with cheap goods that break easily.

The Chinese SOEs do exploit the workers, but many of the goods being produced with sweat-shop labour is because foreign companies themselves are willing to pay peanuts to workers. The Chinese government for example, doesn't dole out the wages for Nike, Nike itself does. So it is a problem of both the MNCs and the government.

In fact, the only thing I've had made in China that hasn't totally

I am curious on how educated your government allows you to become on issues like the Tiananmen Square Massacre.

The Firewall isn't actually very solid. I could find my way across to Facebook and other ''banned'' sites whilst in China. And all my Chinese friends are more knowledgeable in the subject than that British teacher we have, and he lived in the period where the TMM was making front page news for weeks.
wdhehao
wdhehao
3 posts
Farmer

about our gov,i just wanna say..everyone in the developing country hates its gov or political policies more or less,but~ without those annoying policies,the regime will be pushed down immediately.we should be grateful to our country leaders whatever they do to us is good for us.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i compleetly agree whit wdhehao.

sure the government isn't great but it does well for itself. they have so much land that they can not increase welfare for the entire region at once.
many people see china as a communist country. but this is only partly true. the chinese government is much more a capitalist then most other countrys these days.

however the freedom of the people in the mainland (especialy tibet (yes still..)) stays in question because of the many bizarre laws and restrictions.

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Sorry, but I have a very bad impression of Chinese/China. Not really that friendly to Christians and America. Tensions are still there.

Food: some are good but a lot has msg.

People: I feel sorry for you. The government has too many restrictions.

Government: I hate you. You communist nation.

Hey, man. No offense. I'm not really attacking you. Just your government.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Government: I hate you. You communist nation.

Please go and read some current news, or books on Chinese economic policy after Deng came into power. Perhaps you will learn something, and stop being an utterly head-in-your-***, ignorant, idiotic, moronic, and completely messed up kid who doesn't know what he is talking about.

China has opened up tremendously, there are no more Communist collectivization farms; in fact, more than 34% of the economy is driven by Township-Village Enterprises (TVEs), and a significant portion by Special Economic Zones (SEZs), both of which have little government intervention, and have utterly capitalist economies.
cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I personally don't like China, but I have absolutely no problem with Chinese people. I got the pleasure of meeting high school kids from China in Chicago for a school event, and they seemed really nice. I always wondered if they were making fun of us when they were talking in their own language to each other.

The government does seem oppressive, and the country isto be massively overpopulated.

I was wondering, wdhehao, do the people in China have rights outside of basic human rights? I know that the government says they do, but they also seem to cover up a lot of things.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

About the food, do you say that because of American Chinese food? Unless I'm wrong, it seemed to be working well for a lot of people. If anything, my skinny body lost weight while I was in China, and I was doing pretty well with chopsticks.

American Chinese food is almost nothing like actual Chinese food...A hell of a lot less sweet sauce and fried stuff.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

My sister was actually just in Tibet before your country closed it off from all foreigners.
She apparently has lost a lot of respect for China, as it seems they just use Tibet as a playground and the soldiers and walk around doing what they want to Tibetans.
Much like Israel

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I like the Chinese people, but your country looked better before we introduced industry and the Hammer of Manufacture to you. The Chinese developed the compass 2000 years before the Europeans did, so who am I to say you are technologically unsound? You had gunpowder before us as well, and even sails that weren't square rigged, so yaar. I like the Chinese.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

OOOOHWAHHHHH.

I never really had any impression of China... It was really different and finally I decided to learn. My first day in Chinese class just made me really... curious. I would LOVE to learn more about China, but my teacher is a bit biased. She claims everything ever was created by the Chinese. xD But I do plan on studying abroad in China in college. I would like to be a translator or teach kids English/Chinese. Or just teach languages. Or whatever.

I will totally help you with English if you help me with Chinese

I WILL visit China, and it won't be for a short while. I plan on staying at least for 2 months. So, yeah. Obviously I like China. The Chinese I have no problem with. *leaves topic on subject*

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I will totally take you with me. ;D Learn s'more Chinese, bro. LETS TOUR ASIA

Showing 1-15 of 51