Shepherd

Please debate here.

• 213 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I said I was for anti abortion.

Precisely. Because Romney's past records have mostly been for pro abortion or at the very least, letting states decide. Romney will neer go pro choice on a Federal level if he continues to act like the moderate he was in his time as governor. He just flip flopped to suck up to evangelicals like you.

The bible is not against equality, being gay has nothing to do with equality. I believe it is immoral and wrong and I will stand by my beliefs. Also I am not against gays having rights I am against gay marriage.

That made me giggle. You're for rights, yet you won't allow them the right to marriage? You're saying the Bible advocates equality, yet it's leaving a large part of the population in the lurch? It stinks everywhere of discrimination and inequality.

I am afraid you haven't been reading my comment correctly. I said I was anti "huge" tax which means I don't want to have to pay so much money on taxes. Especially when it is over 15,000,000,000,000

I'm afraid you also misread my post. If your anti huge tax why would you br against a president who has lowered tax rates for the majority of the population? Furthermore, that huge tax burden you're paying for? It's not entirely Obama's fault, he inherited an economy torn apart by war.

New York maybe, but when I asked alot of people where I live... well you could say they are very angry. Small buisenessess are very angry because of what it is puting them through. I should know because my parents own a small business and they were enraged when they read some parts of the health care bill.

A major tax credit for smaller firms and solopreneurs. If you employ less than 25 or are self-employed, you may find that the health care reforms bring you tax relief.

Beginning in 2010, companies with less than 25 employees that pay the majority of health care premiums for their workers qualify for a tax credit up to 35% of their premiums. (In 2014, that credit could be as great as 50% of premiums if you arrange insurance via one of the Small Business Health Options Programs, or SHOP Exchanges). The tax break you get will depend on a couple of variables: the number of employees you have and their average salary.

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that the SHOP Exchanges would lower annual premiums for these businesses by 1-4% with a 3% increase in the amount of coverage. That could mean a savings of more than $10 billion nationally.

The way you throw out generalizations "New York!" is really quite appalling. 3/4 of Democrats support it base a poll after the Court hearing; 48% support it and the number is fast rising amongst independents.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Actually, about 95% of the population votes by party, because they assume that the respective party has their best interest at heart. And so they'll justify it to them selves and won't be swayed: Vote for Obama or you're a racist **** sucker. Or vote Republican because all Democrats are communists. Or vote for Al Gore or I'll rage so much I'll be a contributing factor to global warming.

Not really. A large chunk are independents; these are the folks who pay attention and then decide.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Posted in the wrong thread. Ignore.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

to those that have said that romney is too rich

http://i.qkme.me/3qlv1k.jpg

and for those who are wondering how i think the debate will go, i give you this

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

He is rich, sure; he can manage money to some amount, sure; but the main point of criticism is that he pays way less taxes than he should, and we wouldn't want a cheater in office, now would we?

and for those who are wondering how i think the debate will go, i give you this

I agree, at least concerning Romney; he still owes the American people real arguments and solutions. So he'll mostly attack Obama because it's his best chance.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Here's another reason to vote for Obama.

If Romney is elected he'll make sure that the unpatriotic weasels who moved their factory to China continue to have unjustified tax breaks. Why who would you want to do business with a double faced government such as China?
Here's an interesting article:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/09/28/cyber-attacks-canada-infrastructure.html

China is trying to sabotage the US infrastructures as well so would you rather vote for someone who wants to bring back the jobs in the US (Obama) for Americans to work or vote for an hypocrite (Romney) who wants to help his rich friends not to pay their fair share of taxes and help an also hypocritical government such as China by exporting all the American technology to them?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The reason people attack his wealth is not over the amount, but how he got hold of it. Do more reading first before attacking political journalism excoriating him.

moved their factory to China continue to have unjustified tax breaks. Why who would you want to do business with a double faced government such as China

Erroneous in claiming most deals are wth the Chinese government; Thr private sector is flourishing and that's where most deals are. Secondly, they want to do business there because of the cheaper costs of production. Simple as that. That's what's enabling consumers to purchase such cheap goods.

China is trying to sabotage the US infrastructures as well so would you rather vote for someone who wants to bring back the jobs in the US (Obama)

America set the trend by blowing up Soviey pipelines first.

also hypocritical government such as China by exporting all the American technology to them?

As if the American government is so truthful. Technology is not the property of the government, if firms want to export technology, it's they're decision. Protectionist attitudes will in the end only be to the profound detriment of America.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

http://i.qkme.me/3qlv1k.jpg

Tell me again how Romney knows how to manage money?

Romney Campaign in Debt 11 Million Dollars

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Erroneous in claiming most deals are wth the Chinese government;

So according to you the Chinese government doesn't control everything that happens in China? Come on.

As if the American government is so truthful.

I never said the government was truthful, especially not the American one but I'd rather have Obama at it's head because he, at least tries to put Americans back to work.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

So according to you the Chinese government doesn't control everything that happens in China? Come on.

You are very ill-informed and disgustingly generalizing if you think it does. The Chinese government puts into place laws regulating business, but so does virtually every nation on earth. The government doesn't have a share in all, or even the majority of companies; it doesn't dictate the business practices and production processes of the SMEs and TVEs for example.

I never said the government was truthful, especially not the American one but I'd rather have Obama at it's head because he, at least tries to put Americans back to work.

Both are virulently anti China. But both acknowledge that forsaking China is economic suicide. But seek cooperation but both seek to limit and delineate this relationship. Are both going against economic theory and free trade? Yes.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

You are very ill-informed and disgustingly generalizing if you think it does. The Chinese government puts into place laws regulating business, but so does virtually every nation on earth. The government doesn't have a share in all, or even the majority of companies; it doesn't dictate the business practices and production processes of the SMEs and TVEs for example.

It doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and reckless to move the US manufacturing power to China. What if a war started tomorrow?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and reckless to move the US manufacturing power to China. What if a war started tomorrow?

It isn't stupid and reckless. It is what has allowed US companies to still repatriate profits which would noy be possible in the USA with much higher costs of production. America has all along had multiple plants in nation that are unfriendly with it; Cuba was a prime example.

People often forget it's a symbiotic relationship, China requires the huge American market and companies to sustain its growth. Not to mention that it holds billions of American Treasury Bonds, essentially a security hostage that America can squeeze.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

For those who might have missed it and are interested.

Presidential Debate 2012 (Complete) Romney vs.Obama - 10/3/2012 - Elections 2012

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

are we really so insipid to blain only Obama?

Haha, yet you silly democrats only blame Bush for ALL of Obama`s problems.

What if a war started tomorrow?

We would be butt f***ed. But hey, maybe the jobs would come back then.
Showing 151-165 of 213