Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Obama or Romney

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 2:37am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

http://i.qkme.me/3qlv1k.jpg

Tell me again how Romney knows how to manage money?

Romney Campaign in Debt 11 Million Dollars

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 3:19am

SSTG

SSTG

11,111 posts

Knight

Erroneous in claiming most deals are wth the Chinese government;

So according to you the Chinese government doesn't control everything that happens in China? Come on.

As if the American government is so truthful.

I never said the government was truthful, especially not the American one but I'd rather have Obama at it's head because he, at least tries to put Americans back to work.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 12:21pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

So according to you the Chinese government doesn't control everything that happens in China? Come on.

You are very ill-informed and disgustingly generalizing if you think it does. The Chinese government puts into place laws regulating business, but so does virtually every nation on earth. The government doesn't have a share in all, or even the majority of companies; it doesn't dictate the business practices and production processes of the SMEs and TVEs for example.

I never said the government was truthful, especially not the American one but I'd rather have Obama at it's head because he, at least tries to put Americans back to work.

Both are virulently anti China. But both acknowledge that forsaking China is economic suicide. But seek cooperation but both seek to limit and delineate this relationship. Are both going against economic theory and free trade? Yes.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 1:27pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,111 posts

Knight

You are very ill-informed and disgustingly generalizing if you think it does. The Chinese government puts into place laws regulating business, but so does virtually every nation on earth. The government doesn't have a share in all, or even the majority of companies; it doesn't dictate the business practices and production processes of the SMEs and TVEs for example.

It doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and reckless to move the US manufacturing power to China. What if a war started tomorrow?

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 11:26pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

It doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and reckless to move the US manufacturing power to China. What if a war started tomorrow?

It isn't stupid and reckless. It is what has allowed US companies to still repatriate profits which would noy be possible in the USA with much higher costs of production. America has all along had multiple plants in nation that are unfriendly with it; Cuba was a prime example.

People often forget it's a symbiotic relationship, China requires the huge American market and companies to sustain its growth. Not to mention that it holds billions of American Treasury Bonds, essentially a security hostage that America can squeeze.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 3:17am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

For those who might have missed it and are interested.

Presidential Debate 2012 (Complete) Romney vs.Obama - 10/3/2012 - Elections 2012

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 3:53am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

Here's another related useful link.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-de … larations/

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 10:29am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,473 posts

are we really so insipid to blain only Obama?

Haha, yet you silly democrats only blame Bush for ALL of Obama`s problems.

What if a war started tomorrow?

We would be butt *******ed. But hey, maybe the jobs would come back then.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 12:54pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,111 posts

Knight

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-de … larations/

Interesting article, thanks Mage.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 4:04pm

Vannilaknight

Vannilaknight

3 posts

OBAMA!!