100 posts
Shepherd

Please debate here.

• 213 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That's a horrible example. Global warming is a procedure that takes a lot of time and we can make plans to stop it gradually. Illness kills people, everyday or at least makes their lives horrible. Please define necessary. And why can't we tackle both problems at the same time?

It was a horrible example. It was all I could think of at the time. We have war, illness, famine, poverty, and I could really go on.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It was a horrible example. It was all I could think of at the time. We have war, illness, famine, poverty, and I could really go on.

With stem cells you could make big progresses in the medicine, thus decreasing the number of patients you have to pump up with medicaments all their life, thus decreasing the medical expenses by a bit, freeing beds for more people in hospitals and increasing the number of working people, thus helping against many of the things you just mentioned.

I think Obama is doing well and needs more time to be even more effective, people also need time to realize that he's actually doing stuff and simply inherited of a lot of problems.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I am for Obama, I haven't seen much of the slandering that goes on in American media, being in Canada and all, so I won't go near that topic.

Obama knows what he's doing, after four years in office already he should have a solid plan of what he'll do with the next four. Of course, as most people supporting him agree, he needs more time. I disagree, what is more needed is a Majority. With a majority he will be able to implement many more bills without being stonewalled by thick-headed Senators.

Romney might be good for reducing the national spending, but only by raising taxes.

That doesn't reduce spending. And That would be backwards thinking going against everything that the party stands for. The Republican party is generally against high taxes, they lower them. The Republicans take a more aggressive stance on the economy, in other words, trying to spend instead of saving, cutting spending, and raising taxes. (Something that the Democrats are known for, and feared/Severely disliked for in some peoples' minds.

Isn't necessary to what? The survival of the human race? Or is it not necessary for the good of the people? Hmmm, let's see what steam cells could cure in the future:
-Cancer
-Brain Damage
-Spinal Cord injury
-Heart Damage
-Baldness
-Deafness
-Blindness
-Missing teeth
-Diabetes

A few weeks ago I also heard that some scientists in Isreal have been able to use stem cells to grow bones.

Bones

We have war,

Obama successfully solved that. Or at least your countries involvement.

illness,

That's what stem cells are for.

famine, poverty,

Famine will drive your country a bit under no matter what you do, America is a very urbanized country with (relatively) little amount of farmland. And, like Japan, buys most of it from other countries, like Canada for example. Poverty is another problem being tackled by Obama currently, with Obamacare allowing people to pay less on healthcare, thus moving their money to other standard resources, like food, shelter, electricity, and water.
Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how a candidate who has constantly outspent others on ads in the media is actually not the one who is bribing the media with the money. Both candidates use their money to besmear each other, don't be a narrow minded fool and think only Obama does it.

The extent of the lie's that Obama has been doing? That is the thing that Peeves me off...
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I don't think either should be elected, but out of the two, I would pick Romney. Just because a president is going to do everything he can to get reelected in his first term, (more bills that make people happy) but I don't trust politicians. Part of their job description is lying and good liers can get past lie detector tests, so there isn't much reason to trust them. But i will concede that there are politicians who don't lie, but it is hard to tell them apart.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

But i will concede that there are politicians who don't lie, but it is hard to tell them apart.

Sometimes it's easy. Look at who hasn't changed their views much and keep doing what they say they will, such as Ron Paul or Daniel Inouye.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Well, Romney just handed Obama the election...I don't know who's ever gonna vote for Ron Paul as VP.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

>.< sorry, typo...I meant Paul Ryan...stupid 11:15 posts...

DionRainsmith
DionRainsmith
13 posts
Nomad

Here's some simple pros and cons!

Obama
Pros: Genuinely wants to save America and bring it back onto its feet, and is trying all he can to do precisely that.
Cons: Is a little awkward and struggling to succeed, a little inexperienced and didn't seem all that ready to be a president. Going the right direction, but nobody's sure if he'll actually succeed.

Romney
Pros: Has the support, funds, and business experience to save America.
Cons: But is just out to push for selfish republican and religious agendas, and will most likely **** things up worse for the people while making the so-called "holy men" and corporations fatter and richer.

So here's your choices:

Moral president with uncertain success

or

Immoral president with higher certainty of success

Myself, I'd rather America die free than live enslaved to greed and selfishness.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

How does the rich getting richer lead to a higher success rate?

DionRainsmith
DionRainsmith
13 posts
Nomad

For the country itself, not for the people. USA could survive the debt and regain power while the common people starve and scrap for pennies thanks to Romney and Co's love for outsourcing. Of course, at that point, the people will rebel, raid the White House, and eat the fatcats alive for it.

Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Please explain how Romney is immoral? And, for that matter, How Obama is moral...

Obama
Pros: Good speaker, makes people feel whatever he wants them to feel.
Cons: lies a ton. Obama says stuff, and then proceeds to do whatever he wants. Doesn't hold to many of his promises. (Don't complain that he has had no support from the house. He had democrats at the beginning. Also Both Bush and Clinton had the same problem and they still managed to do stuff.)

Romney
Pros: He is very concerned for America, as well as a good Businessman with surprisingly high morals. He is, for the most part, honest. He is charitable, and genuinely kind.
Cons: doen't take personal attacks well, as well as other things that i will say later, i am out of time.

~Krill11

DionRainsmith
DionRainsmith
13 posts
Nomad

Romney, honest and charitable? Surely you have heard of his antics at Bain Capital and his oddly desperate attempts to cover it up? As well as his multiple insensitive comments on wealth and poor people? He has slipped up repeatedly that he has money on the brain while putting on a pretty good charade that he has a bleeding heart for everyone. I hope those "morals" you're alluding to doesn't mean all the pro-Christian stuff like bashing Planned Parenthood and encouraging the Transvaginal Ultrasound Bill?

Do give a list and sources on Obama's lies? As well as which promises you are alluding to? Hopefully you're not referring to that ridiculous birth certificate drivel.

I will admit that he is somewhat inexperienced and found it difficult to achieve what he planned than he had originally thought, but that does not make him a liar.

Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Romney, honest and charitable? Surely you have heard of his antics at Bain Capital and his oddly desperate attempts to cover it up?

And he left Bain Capital along time before that, look it up. Even democrats silently agree...

As well as his multiple insensitive comments on wealth and poor people?

Poor people shouldn't work? Since when? All men are created equal, unless you forgot that...

He has slipped up repeatedly that he has money on the brain while putting on a pretty good charade that he has a bleeding heart for everyone.

...And Obama Accidently said that he was Muslim, among other things at different times. Is he? Probably not...

Do give a list and sources on Obama's lies?

Look at the offensive material that Obama has been spewing about Romney, (Including the Bain Capital), that isn't true. The Wife indecent, and the Hair cutting thing, just to name a few...

Hopefully you're not referring to that ridiculous birth certificate drivel.

And The birth certificate is extremely fishy, I personally wouldn't hold it against him, But his lies are growing in number, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Oh he also said that Romney wife never worked in her life. I think that a full time mom is harder than most, if not all, jobs in the USA.

Oh and Obama also did drugs... Did he lie? Yes, yes he did...

~A

~B

Have I forgotten anything?

~Krill11
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Surely you have heard of his antics at Bain Capital and his oddly desperate attempts to cover it up?
Bain Capital ad joke it was, no reason to believe it there is.

Have I forgotten anything?
Forgotten nothing you have. Obama re-elected, should not be.
Showing 16-30 of 213