100 posts
Shepherd

Please debate here.

• 213 Replies
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

I've been told that its actually gotten more difficult for small businesses to stay alive around here bc of stuff Obama has passed but that may've been a lie. (Came from small business owners I know)

Talk to private clinic owners, they've had it worse with Obamacare around.

Something I thought was interesting.... My gay American (flamboyantly so) friends on Facebook were cheering on Romney and hating on Obama during the debate. Isn't Obama the most likely to do anything for that specific group of people?

Wait, wait wait wait wait! What? Give me a link! Please! This is unbelievable and ridiculous!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I've been told that its actually gotten more difficult for small businesses to stay alive around here bc of stuff Obama has passed but that may've been a lie. (Came from small business owners I know)

I don't know whether it is more difficult specifically for small business owners or not.. but go on and read this: Unemployment in America is back to pre-recession levels.

Talk to private clinic owners, they've had it worse with Obamacare around.

I hope you know that Romeny won't repel Obamacare, he'll keep important points and replace the rest with his own health care plans. Is Obamacare so hated just because it comes from Obama? That would be pretty ridiculous.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Is Obamacare so hated just because it comes from Obama?

Yes, it is. The republicans have suggested very similar plans for years, some have even gone through like what Romney did in Massachusetts.
zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

Really all either of them can do is destroy the country even more. There are only a few ways to fix the mess we are in, and they are methods that no president would take.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Most of the world is pro Obama to be honest. Except Israel maybe. The approval rate of the USA shot up after Obama got elected..

The way other countries are viewing these two should be taken into consideration given the presidents function with foreign affairs.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I've been told that its actually gotten more difficult for small businesses to stay alive around here bc of stuff Obama has passed but that may've been a lie.  (Came from small business owners I know)

It is a lie. Obamacare provides subsidies and tax cuts for SMEs so they can afford for the health are and keep workers.

Is Obamacare so hated just because it comes from Obama?

Yes, it is.  The republicans have suggested very similar plans for years, some have even gone through like what Romney did in Massachusetts.

Axelrod even admitted as much on TV; Obamacare has it's roots in Romney's health are reform in Massachusetts.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Romney He is pro life and he does not lie about his religion

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Romney He is pro life

Considering the poor arguments often used as a means to take rights away with pro-life I don't see how that's a good thing. (If you want to get into this further we can take it to the abortion thread.)

and he does not lie about his religion

Yeah because one's religious views should be the most important thing to be honest about when planning to take office in what is suppose to be a secular government.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Yeah because one's religious views should be the most important thing to be honest about when planning to take office in what is suppose to be a secular government.

NO BUT IF OBAMA IS A LYER I DO NOT WANT HIM RUNNING MY COUNTRY
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

NO BUT IF OBAMA IS A LYER I DO NOT WANT HIM RUNNING MY COUNTRY

He's no more a liar than any other politician out there, Romney included. Which is to say, they skew their presentations and occasionally have to do something that contradicts somewhat with what they said earlier.

Whereas Romney is like a flag flapping in the wind, following political whim one direction to and fro.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Whereas Romney is like a flag flapping in the wind, following political whim one direction to and fro.

Newest example: the third debate. I heard he tried to play the pacifist, to get the votes of the undecided political centre voters. Meh... Obama dominated this one nonetheless.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Romney. He actually has a chance at turning this country around

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

And around and around and around and around. Ride the merry go round!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

He's no more a liar than any other politician out there

Yeah, I can't think of any honest ones.
*cough* Daniel Inuoye *cough* Ron Paul *cough*
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Right back into the same policies that got us here in the first place. Not very helpful.
Showing 181-195 of 213