Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

[FAQ] How to add a Friend

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 7:07pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,733 posts

What is a Friend?
A Friend is a user you have friended by adding them to your Friends list. Having Friends gives you a link to your Friends' profiles from your profile. It also allows you to compare high scores in flash games using the Armor Games high score system.

How do I add a Friend?
You can add another user to your friends list by clicking the (Add Friend) button on their profile. This will only add them to your Friends list and will not send a request to them. They will have to add you to their own Friends list.

How do I search for or find a Friend?
You can't. There is no way to search for other users on this version of Armor Games. You will need to know their full username or contact them again.

How will I get to their profile to add them?

1.) If you know their exact username, you can go directly to their profile using

http://armorgames.com/user/USERNAMEHERE

Type in their exact username where it says USERNAMEHERE. For example,

will go to my profile.

2.) If you do not know their username, you will need to try to contact the user.

a. If you met them on a multiplayer game you can try to find them again in that same game. If you cannot find them, try to look through the game's comments to see if they may have made a comment. If they have made a comment, you can click on their username to go directly to their profile. However, not everyone you meet in a multiplayer is playing from Armor Games, so they may not have an Armor Games account.

b. If you know them in real life or from somewhere else, you can try to get them to tell you their exact username. You can also have them post on your thread in this forum. if they post on the forum, you can click on their username to get to their profile.

Hopefully this hasn't been too inconvenient and has helped you in getting to a friend's profile to add them, so you don't forget who they are!

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 8:10pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,587 posts

This is much like a sticky you just locked and unstickied. What's different about this from the previous how to friend sticky? Also, if there is little or no difference, why was a new sticky made?

Posted Jun 25, '12 at 9:09pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

What's different about this from the previous how to friend sticky? Also, if there is little or no difference, why was a new sticky made?

He added more to the A section and there isn't an edit post button, so the only way to update it is to create a new thread.

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 6:43pm

superbob111

superbob111

471 posts

How do I search for or find a Friend?

will you be able to do that on AGv.3

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 2:04am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

will you be able to do that on AGv.3

The search bar in AG3 will search for games and users better. If you only know part of their username then it'll show everyone with that. Example: Someone wants to find my profile but they don't know my full username, they only know the first part - they search Ghost and it'll show every account with Ghost in the username.

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 6:04pm

nonfatcow

nonfatcow

13 posts

i have had trouble, but i just find their name in a comment or something...

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 6:05pm

nonfatcow

nonfatcow

13 posts

i have never used the search bar i just find their name in a comment...

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 10:22pm

Soupamann

Soupamann

1 post

Having problems adding friends in game...

Posted Jun 30, '12 at 11:34am

Gantic

Gantic

9,733 posts

What do you mean "having problems adding friends in game"?

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 11:00am

Gensicki37

Gensicki37

7 posts

I dont even know how to talk to other people on this site besides through the forum any way.

Reply to [FAQ] How to add a Friend

You must be logged in to post a reply!