Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Religion Poll

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 3, '12 at 5:28pm

flareoen

flareoen

37 posts

I am Catholitic and I belive there are 1 billion of us and 1 billion of the Musilums on this forsaken planet and I've notice intellect doesn't deal with intelligence unless you worship the devil that is kind of creepy good luck suffering for eitienity

Posted Jul 3, '12 at 5:40pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

I'm a Naturalistic Pantheist.

threre are like 3-4 billion cathilic/christian in the world

Is this an argumentum ad populum? Also, it's closer to 2.2 billion. About 1.2 billion of those are Catholics.

Posted Jul 3, '12 at 11:57pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

I am proud to say that I worship the one and only, true God. Jesus. I am a Christian.

oh wow, so much confidence. tell us about the last time you had tea with them both. is it that scary to face the fact you dont know yourself if what you believe in exist?

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 1:38am

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

668 posts

Atheist so you may add DT07 to the atheist list that exists within the list,I'll just shut up now...

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 11:51am

stephenking

stephenking

564 posts

unless you worship the devil that is kind of creepy good luck suffering for eitienity

Why do you Christians hate Satan so much? He's a chill dude. I met him at a restaurant once. He was a a very outgoing guy, only problem was all the looks he got. We had fun.

Also, eternity* believe* Muslims* noticed* and you accidently some punctuation.

(Serious note, Atheist.)

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 5:04pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Buddhist, but I make a point to please my own, private gods.
Not to poke holes in scripture, but if your Christian God is almighty, how could he not save his own son?
And he was killed on a cross, irony abounds.

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 5:44pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Not to poke holes in scripture, but if your Christian God is almighty, how could he not save his own son?

Uh...I don't think you quite understand Christianity...

1) Jesus willingly died on the cross, with foreknowledge that it would happen, in order to take mankind's sin upon himself. There wasn't a "couldn't" part to it, just a "didn't."

2) I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the irony here...the cross (which more commonly was actually a T shape) was a method of execution back with the Romans. It gained its symbolism/metaphors thereafter.

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 6:23pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

1) Jesus willingly died on the cross, with foreknowledge that it would happen, in order to take mankind's sin upon himself. There wasn't a "couldn't" part to it, just a "didn't."

Jesus really didn't want to die. He knew the Father wanted him to so he went along with it. He prayed to not have the burden of being the savior (Mark 14:35, 36). He knew the Father could change his mind or find a way that didn't involve him (like He did when Abraham was about to kill his son), but He didn't. It wasn't really 'willfully' because he feared God's wrath. No different than if someone tells you to do something while they hold a gun to your head.

The cross is supposed to symbolize that he died so we could have hope of living forever and such. I agree that it's strange that the church chose an ancient torture device as their primary symbol instead of perhaps a crown of thorns or a lamb (although that might go against the 'graven image' commandment).

Also, eternity* believe* Muslims* noticed* and you accidently some punctuation.

You missed Catholitic.

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 6:26pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,144 posts

I am an Enchiladian, ranked Squatter of the Fullth Cheese. Have been since the 13th of January of 2010. The Poop noticed that I haven't done anything with my religious standing since then, so that is probably why my holey rank is still Squatter.

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 7:53pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,788 posts

I am proud to say that I worship the one and only, true God. Jesus. I am a Christian.

IGNORANT FOOL!

unless you worship the devil that is kind of creepy good luck suffering for eitienity

well they can do whatever they want so all the people who DO hate devil worshipers should just let them alone and do their thing.Thats the thing is most Christans(example) see that you don't follow their religion and immediatly call you devil worshipers.