ForumsThe TavernGantic Gigantic

19 2580
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

From the moderator who brought you Gantic Romantic, comes the highly anticipated non-sequel sequel Gantic Gigantic. Free of ranting and passive aggression, Gantic Gigantic takes an candid look at what it takes to become awesome. The unbiased review written in first person treks over well-trodden territory with a surprising freshness and a hint of parsley. Written with accessibility in mind, the message is simple but poignant and the lessons leave an indelible mark. By drawing on his past experiences once more in an open and honest manner and reflecting on his time here at Armor Games, he seeks to explore the highs, the lows, and the highs again as well as the wide and narrow with a nonsensical no-nonsense attitude riddled with excellence. It is far too often that a person becomes overly disillusioned that laughing at one's self is beyond impossible. Gantic Gigantic seeks to dispell such airs to elevate users with undeniable truths as the catalysts for reflection -- on the self as well as the community of which one is part.

Be awesome Friday nights at 11 pm AGT, starting June 29th.

• 19 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I have a feeling that this refers to the forums and life at the same time...

Time to get my "Awesome Good" on!

I think we are all guilty sometimes of being less-than-excellent to each other.  I know i am... reading that made me realize what a **** i am sometimes. haha

Yes I think that this was also kinda meant to see how evil you have been to other users.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That was a good read. Not a lawful good read or a stupid good read, but an awesome good read. A read that left me in awe.

Actually, Gantic. You're not standoffish. People are just jealous of your writing ability. I mean, Gantitudinal or Gantesque or tablagent or whatever made-up-word you choose, wow! Fantastic phrase. If anything, people look at you as being standoffish is because they want to be like you.

The rest was kind of common sense, but it's ridiculous how often people need to be reminded that their sense isn't common. Excellence is the key to having common sense, which is ironically making common sense less common. A rare sense, if you will.

Time to get my awesomely excellent suit on. Time to dance out to joel's NuDisco in my awesomely excellent suit.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Part I: Be Excellent to Each Other

Indemnification

Excellence in the face of unexcellence is difficult. There are other people in this world, some of whom you will disagree with, some of whom you will never agree with, some of whom you just don't like. There are other people in this world. This isn't your private world. This isn't your private server. This isn't your private forum. Being able to deal with other people appropriately is a sign of maturity. Everyone has as much right to be as anyone else.

Meet unexcellence with excellence. Meeting unexcellence with unexcellence begets more unexcellence. It is easy to meet unexcellence with unexcellence. It is easy to snap or snark at people when nerves are frayed, when frustration sets it. It doesn't matter if you're right. It does nothing for anyone to 'win' but fuel one's ego. Excellence is not a blunt object with which to bash someone's head. It is not stubborn. It is not unmoving. It is beyond condescension. It is beyond tolerance. It is beyond acceptance. It is knowing that different attitudes exists and treating people as people, not as noobs.

Stubborn people are stubborn. Negative people are negative. Ignorant people are ignorant. Misery loves company. A stubborn person cannot become unstubborn in a day because that is what stubborn is. A negative person cannot become unnegative in a day because misery loves company. An ignorant person might become unignorant in a day because people can learn. An unexcellent person cannot be come ununexcellent in a day. Change is gradual as is learning. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man and you feed him for a lifetime. You may be able to teach a man to fish in a day, but teaching is not instantaneous. It is a gradual process that begins with a first step. But it is only as gradual as its acceptance.

Take a step backwards before stepping forward and meet unexcellence with excellence. It is a trickle, not a deluge. It is a step, not a teleport. Strive to be without stepping on someone else's right to be, even if it's to be unexcellent, to be stubborn, to be negative, to be ignorant.

Be excellent. Be open. Be awesome.

Next Week: "Be Excellent to Each Other: Examination"

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I want more of this, please continue. Don't leave us hanging.

Showing 16-19 of 19