ForumsPopular MediaWho is the best comedian

30 11622
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Im just curious to who you guys like and why. Stuff like that.

Here's my top 5
5. Kevin Hart
4. Gabriel Iglesias
3. Larry the Cable Guy
2. Jeff Dunham
1. Bill Engvall

How bout u guys?

• 30 Replies
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

i would say Gabriel Iglesias
Larry the Cable Guy
& jeff foxworthy

gooeyglop1
gooeyglop1
345 posts
Nomad

Jim carry all the way!

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Three posts in and two Larry the Cable Guy mentions. Great thread.

I'm being sarcastic, by the way. I thought I'd explain because you people obviously don't know humor.

Greatest stand-up nowadays, in my view, is probably Louis CK. Fantastic comedian and he's got a great show on FX called Louie.

Chata722
Chata722
73 posts
Nomad

Gabriel Iglesias "Im not fat... Im fluffy." Ha so funny and Jeff Dunham.

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

I'm being sarcastic, by the way. I thought I'd explain because you people obviously don't know humor.

Thats why I made the thread. I want to find out about some other comedians

Greatest stand-up nowadays, in my view, is probably Louis CK. Fantastic comedian and he's got a great show on FX called Louie.

Yeah I know I love his show but I haven't seen his full stand up yet
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

If I had to list my favorite standups...

1. George Carlin
2. Louis CK
3. Jerry Seinfeld
4. Ricky Gervais
5. Eddie Izzard
6. David Cross
7. Chris Rock
8. Patton Oswalt
9. Richard Pryor
10. Robin Williams

Something like that. As far as comedy actors go, I love Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Jason Bateman, Bill Murray... probably others. Zach Galisjugspvzm is funny at times but is kind of settling into the same character in every role. His "Between two Ferns" video series is hilarious though.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Not a single mention of Russell Peters? Now that guy is funny, and I'm not just saying that because I don't want to be the somebody who is gonna get a hurt reeeeeal bad.

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Not a single mention of Russell Peters?

O yeah I totally forgot about him. Yeah he is a REALLY funny guy. I'd put him at 3 or 4 on my revised top 5 list
CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

Gabriel Iglesias, all the way! He is HILARIOUS! I've even become a better impersonator because of him! I can pretty much say anything in any voice you want. Celebrity? Most likely, I could copy it!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Fluffy and Jeff Dunham.
Achmed the dead terrorist ftw!

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Gabriel Iglesias, all the way! He is HILARIOUS! I've even become a better impersonator because of him! I can pretty much say anything in any voice you want. Celebrity? Most likely, I could copy it!

Yeah I know I love his drive thru thing when they screw up his order and he goes back and messes with them with the girl voice. And his OnStar impression is the definition of spot on. He is an incredibly talented comedian and voice artist.

achmed the dead terrorist ftw

SILENCE!!!! I kill u!!! The slogan of my life!! All of Jeff Dunhams puppets are awesome. Walter is amazing and Peanut and Jose Jalepeno on a Stick make racism hilarious.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

STEWART LEE. I knew I'd forgotten someone. Stewart Lee is amazing, best British stand-up out there imo.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Jim Gaffigan anyone? Hot Pocket! Also, if anyone has ever listened to Bill Cosby's older material like "Why is There Air?" It's pretty funny, not what you would think of either when someone say Bill Cosby.

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Yeah I saw Bill Cosby and it was really funny. And I just got done checking out Stewart Lee and Jim Garffigan and they are both awesome. Although I'd prefer Gaffigan. And my recommendation that I think everyone should definitely watch is Bill Engvall "Here's your Sign" FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Anyone heard of Mitch Hedberg? Most of his jokes are these wacky one-liners, but oddly hilarious.

Showing 1-15 of 30