Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Why am I so bad at Colony?

Posted Jul 2, '12 at 2:37pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

If you type 'Hello' your teammate will give you some tips.

Posted Jul 2, '12 at 7:04pm

Xice360

Xice360

16 posts

Dont you worry it took me and my friends a month of school to figure that game out then we were total pros. then we gave up and got lives for a year or two we found out a few things...
1. sunlight is good
2. having a social life is good
3. having 10 random facebook friends is NOT social
4. what it is like to have lives
This is a random comment brought to you brought to you by colony inc.

Posted Jul 3, '12 at 3:56am

Jeff1999

Jeff1999

648 posts

Umm, I don't like sunlight. I like rain with clouds all over the place.

Posted Jul 4, '12 at 2:48pm

trying

trying

438 posts

Build a bank first

Posted Jul 5, '12 at 5:05am

Jeff1999

Jeff1999

648 posts

Yaay, I just beated level 4  :D

Posted Jul 6, '12 at 4:19pm

megacooper

megacooper

171 posts

YAY!

Posted Oct 20, '12 at 3:23pm

DesertFang

DesertFang

3 posts

ask pros for advise and ask them to teach u different strats and use hotkeys

Posted Oct 21, '12 at 1:00pm

Jeff1999

Jeff1999

648 posts

Umm this is now a very old thread. I think we should lock this as necro. Im alot better at colony now. Lock this necro.

-Jeff

Posted Oct 21, '12 at 4:21pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,260 posts

Knight

Colony is a difficult game cause it requires a strategy and a back up plan BEFORE you go into battle. If you don't plan what you are going to do then you will loose easily. The best thing to do in Colony (for me) is deploy some soldiers and save up money, resources, energy, and such.

If you are in Multiplayer mode, you and your ally need to discuss what you are doing in around 1 to 2 minutes. Like "I'll take sky you take ground" or "Im saving up on money, back me up". So one of you needs to be saving money and deploying some soldiers while the other one protects your fort/ headquarters/ thing. When the enemy has nothing left to protect himself go after him with all you got, and have some units left over to protect the headquarters thing just in case of a counter attack.

Hope this works!

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 6:47pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,588 posts

Colony is a difficult game cause it requires a strategy and a back up plan BEFORE you go into battle.

The only plan you need is first knowing your government and then knowing your main units deployment structure. All else can be adapted depending on what your opponent does.

"Im saving up on money, back me up"

Das ist noobly.

When the enemy has nothing left to protect himself go after him with all you got,

By pinning imo.

and have some units left over to protect the headquarters thing just in case of a counter attack.

Usually no need if you've set up your pin correctly however there can be special cases (e.g. for missiles you might want to make a second group of units for certain circumstances if that type of unit is not missile resistant and you see your opponent had an ops)

Dont you worry it took me and my friends a month of school to figure that game out then we were total pros.

Dont you worry it took me and my friends a month of school to figure that game out then we were total pros. then we gave up and got lives for a year or two we found out a few things...
1. sunlight is good
2. having a social life is good
3. having 10 random facebook friends is NOT social
4. what it is like to have lives
This is a random comment brought to you brought to you by colony inc.

Did you go back to playing CoD?

Reply to Why am I so bad at Colony?

You must be logged in to post a reply!