Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Affordable Care Act Decreed

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 10:39am

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) has just been ruled  constitutional by the United States Supreme Court. In a 5-4 ruling, the law that would create universal health care for citizens was upheld. How do you think that this ruling will affect elections this November, and do you disagree or agree with the justices rulings?

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 10:58am

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

One more thing...I'm watching Mitt McConnell (Senate Minority Leader) rant about how this bill was proposed in "deceit" to the American people, as the Supreme Court ruled that the individual mandate in the law counts as a tax under the Constitution. Do you think that the individual mandate counts as a tax as ruled by the Supreme Court? Or do you agree that it is a penalty for not obeying the law, as originally proposed by President Obama.

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 12:32pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Heck yeah, America! I'm so angry right now, I'm happy.

Obama care was the greatest thing that has happened to our country, ever. Now everyone earns the same horrible health care for a higher price, which is at its finest a tax. A seriously big tax. Obama is coming up with great ways to ruin he country, and I think he most definitely should earn a medal for this! Sad that he got slapped in the face with this whole tax thing, because now this is the biggest tax increase in the history of ever. Now the rich get poor and the poor get poorer! A brilliant way to make America cheap as dirt. Too bad it's not as affordable as he claimed. Oh well, America is screwed, and I don't give a care. I'm wondering, would Japan, China, or England be best to move to? I don't have much of a preference, each seem equally good options to me.

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 12:55pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Now the rich get poor and the poor get poorer!

Actually, if you look at the funding and where it's coming from, it's mostly from corporations, insurance companies and those with incomes ranging from 200,000 dollars and upwards, hardly 'poor'. So yes, it is a good move for the poor, who often cannot pay for the high medical bill prices later in life; and given that life expectancy is rising, it would definitely in the years to come, benefit quite a few people.

I'm wondering, would Japan, China, or England be best to move to?

You can move to China and limit your personal freedom, go to England and pay for the already long implemented healthcare plans, or go to Japan, where the government shoulders 70% of the bill.

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 3:05pm

Deth666

Deth666

670 posts

That's all fine and dandy but how do I afford health insurance? I don't have the cash for insurance let alone the $700 in fines (tax?) I'd have to pay if I don't have it.

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 3:06pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,113 posts

Knight

Oh no the poor insurance companies now have to give a decent services to their customers. No more deceit, abuse, etc. Nah, they'll still find a way to deceive their customers those greedy *******s!

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 3:15pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

So yes, it is a good move for the poor, who often cannot pay for the high medical bill prices later in life; and given that life expectancy is rising, it would definitely in the years to come, benefit quite a few people.

My cousin will not be able to pay for his insurance now that the 'affordable' bill is in place. I would hardly call it a good move.

Plus, it would give more options for better healthcare with the people that could afford it. You strip away the good healthcare and give a medium that somehow is supposed to work for everyone...?

You can move to China and limit your personal freedom, go to England and pay for the already long implemented healthcare plans, or go to Japan, where the government shoulders 70% of the bill.

I guess I'll go to China... I already know a bunch of people there. It'd be nice to see my friends again.

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 3:33pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,079 posts

Knight

Haters gonna hate... I have to ask myself, what do all the doomsayer say about all those countries who already have health care and didn't crumble under it?

There will always be certain downsides to any projects, like healthcare, but in general I'm sure that society will gain from it. Because not all might be able to easily afford it, but far more people will now be able to get the medical treatment they need.

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 7:23pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,691 posts

Knight

Here are some basic FAQs on what will be going on with this put into place.
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories … eform.aspx

Posted Jun 28, '12 at 8:10pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,203 posts

If anything, we can at least see how this new plan will fare for our country so we can evolve it later. The other countries who now have a stable health care plan had troubles when first implemented, and they were small, easier-to-control countries. I was fearing for what would happen to small businesses under the law's "having to provide insurance for each full-time worker", but it looks like no small business owners will have to be under the strain. The other big benefit is the "pre-existing conditions" article. Now people with heart disease can be insured for.their.heart.disease!, it's mostly why they came for the insurance in the first place.

Reply to Affordable Care Act Decreed

You must be logged in to post a reply!