ForumsThe TavernThe weather

92 15830
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Talk about the weather here.

It's currently 97°F and according to the forecast it's supposed to get up to 109°F tomorrow, and it'll be around that for all next week. I stepped outside earlier and I don't think I'd be able to do anything without getting exhausted in a few minutes.

• 92 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It is a scorcher across the whole US right now. Most highs are in the 90s. It is horrible. I would advise not going outside unless you have to. And bring water if you are going a decant distance.

Plus we haven't had significant rain where I have been since April.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Plus we haven't had significant rain where I have been since April.

Last time it rained was about two weeks ago here. I have a British friend who complains about the rain, but I'd rather have that than this heat.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

You got to love Cali weather It's about 78 degrees out here and will go up only a little bit this weekend. Perfect for playing soccer and going to the beach.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

You got to love Cali weather

Well when you live close to the beach yes. Not when you live in the middle of the desert 30 minutes away from the next town. Then it is usually hot no matter what.
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

my its hot today here in cincinnati. in the 90s i believe

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yes, it reached 106 F today with 109 with humidity. Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter. :O
I hate Summer! Bring me snow, lot of snow and cold weather please!!!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Is there anywhere in the US that has gotten rain recently?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I hate Summer! Bring me snow, lot of snow and cold weather please!!!

I'm a big fan of fall. At that time it's usually 60F with some wind and the leaves changing colours makes it beautiful.

It's so hot that it woke me up and I can't sleep now, I even have an air conditioner in my room. I brought up a fan and it's making it better, but I won't be able to sleep for a few hours.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

It's so hot that it woke me up and I can't sleep now, I even have an air conditioner in my room. I brought up a fan and it's making it better, but I won't be able to sleep for a few hours.

Just let the lack of sleep do it's job once you close your eyes you won't remember a thing.
As for my ideal weather it would be foggy, and quite cold UK gloomy weather preferably.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Where I live (a fairly new neighborhood), the trees are not tall enough to shade the houses so they sit there, cooking. I must have 11 fans (including ceiling) the main air conditioner + two window units.
I stepped outside this afternoon to get my mail and it felt like a solar wind was enveloping me and then I burst in flame, well almost!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

So last night we had some rain

I wish we were getting rain. It is starting to feel like I am back in the desert.
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

Where my home is, the high is 108ºF today. Right now, though, I'm on a long vacation and the high is 83ºF. But, unfortunately, there's a fire somewhere around here (sagebrush fire, I think) and it has been REALLY smokey lately. The mornings are only relatively hazy, but getting into the late afternoon... at 4:00 pm it looked like 10:00 pm! The entire sky was filled with very thick black and dark orange smoke. Ashes piled up on our cars!!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I know that they have a bad fire in Colorado. The cadets going to the Air Force Academy had to be relocated. I don't remember where though. I think they are at a different college for now.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

There were huge thunderstorms in my state the last couple days. Where I live was the only county that got almost nothing. It is still really hot though, and another storm is headed our way tonight, I think.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It's the third day with 112 F (with humidity). There should be a cool down on Tuesday with a freezing 97 F!

Showing 1-15 of 92