ForumsThe TavernThe weather

92 15831
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Talk about the weather here.

It's currently 97°F and according to the forecast it's supposed to get up to 109°F tomorrow, and it'll be around that for all next week. I stepped outside earlier and I don't think I'd be able to do anything without getting exhausted in a few minutes.

• 92 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

About the storms, Columbus got hit with some very big ones as well. Tree branches were all over the ground, and also I think 25% of the city lost power. Good thing I'm on vacation right now!

Thetrueepicone
Thetrueepicone
2 posts
Nomad

Big power outage couple days ago in 90 degrees and up heat D: help us

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The forecast for the entire week is hot and humid with 100 F everyday until next Sunday. Monday 103 and 4th of July 102.
:O :O :O

That means no bike ride for me! I will lose all my training!
!@#$%^&*!!!
I hate this place! >>

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Here in the GREAT state of Ohio, it's been really hot, like upper 90's. Then there was the huge storm, knocking out power. Like a million people around Columbus are still out. Literally. Now it's really hot again. I try to think of soldiers in Iraq where it's like 120 F when I think it's hot here.

CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

110 degrees, every day of summer.

The501stFalcon
The501stFalcon
48 posts
Nomad

It's pretty good weather here. Although we just had HUGE downpour.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

It's ALWAYS above 100 here.. so insane. The entire world seems to be having higher temperatures.

~RR~

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Temperature is mostly relative, you get used to certain temperatures after you've lived with them for a certain amount of time. Once I heard one of my friends' friends was putting on a sweatshirt and pants in 78 degree weather!

'waits for someone to say they do that all the time'

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Britain has been getting the opposite weather to the US. A few weeks ago we had a very hot day but after that we've had miserable cloudy days and flash floods. This is due to a jet stream, we are above it and get the cold, cloudy weather while America gets the hot, dry weather.
At least my country isn't in a drought any more.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

It's in the late 90s here today and was the same yesterday, but swimming yesterday made it enjoyable. I may do the same today. We need some rain.

I try to think of soldiers in Iraq where it's like 120 F when I think it's hot here.

Imagine all the gear they have to wear as well.
It's ALWAYS above 100 here.. so insane. The entire world seems to be having higher temperatures.

Obviously 2012 is near. The sun is going to kill life on earth like in Knowing.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

The one day I didn't want it to rain, it does. I was going to go swimming, but I suppose having this cooler weather is better. The forecast actually says we're supposed to have thunderstorms for the next four days. I hope it's true.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Today it's 104 right now but it's supposed to go up to 106.
Tomorrow 104, Saturday 105. :O

WarriorOfOld
WarriorOfOld
14 posts
Peasant

It's really hot here.

I live in Canada. Surprise?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Apparently the forecast wasn't true. No rain today, at least not from what I can tell. The sun is shining and it's above 100 degrees. My AC also isn't working well due to the weather, so it makes no difference if I have it on or off.

I live in Canada. Surprise?

Only if you live in the northern part of Canada.
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

the weather? hmm...*looks at the window*...boring

Showing 16-30 of 92