Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

"Legendaria Imaginaria" Nominations Thread

Posted Jul 2, '12 at 6:22pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

The intent may have been to be open but the prevailing attitude less so.

It still wasn't exclusive.

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 4:47am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I will just mention the MWT (no link, because.) because it should be mentioned in any thread on this topic. After all, had it not been there, there would be no WoM.

Since the MWT is technically Cenere's own thread, I'll go by the book and nominate it in his place. And because I want to one-up on him, here is the link :P

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 4:46pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,842 posts

The amount of memorable in this forum is concentrated to a few threads. I didn't realize how small this forum was.

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 11:44pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,842 posts

Posted Jul 11, '12 at 8:22am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Aren't at least one of your threads inactive Gantic? ROATNO? Lore?

I also quite liked the Mr Squiggle one, "I want to analyse your mental poop".

Frank's AG adventures, while incomplete, was also memorable.

Xzeno's beginnings of a story of which I have strangely forgotten the title was making some impact but was also relatively shortlived.

Posted Jul 11, '12 at 10:47pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,842 posts

ROATNO is inactive. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with Lore.

Xzeno's was Three and a Half Elves. Not sure if there might be another.

It's probably be easier to create an anthology of every sizable story/writing thread regardless of completeness. Just realized I'm missing an 's' in the OP, not that it's crucial when translating Dog Latin.

The Rap Arena

The Rap Arena

There's a second one, but that one's not as robust.
The Rap Arena 2

Posted Jul 16, '12 at 12:08am

Gantic

Gantic

6,842 posts

Alright, I think I figured out how I'm going to do this. The Legendaria Imaginaria will be in three parts in no particular order not including the introduction. Draft of the introduction is posted below. The following will be included:

List of Memorable Threads
List of Story/Writing Threads
The People and Personalities

List of Memorable Threads will be a list of memorable threads broken down by arbitrary categories so it isn't just a list of links. (Armatar contests will be grouped together, other contests will be grouped together, etc.) This will be included in the master thread.

List of Story/Writing/Art Threads will include those that are more than a few pages. Stories will be included regardless of completeness. This will end up looking like a wall of links. Haven't decided if it will be included in the master or if it will be a separate thread. It'll be some sort of an alphabetical-by-title index by year and type of thread indicating creator, genre, completeness, and whatever else.

People and Personalities will be done in a way like the Community Tile Project as well as a self-written blurb. The Tile Project will be part of the master thread while the self-written blurb will be a separate thread. Unfortunately this will only include users who are still active and any future users.

And of course the Introduction:

Playfully refered to as the "Imaginarium", Art, Music, and Writing is not simply the heart of the people and personalities that make it a second home. It is also the resonant pulse of characters and stories and contests and silliness. The Legendaria Imaginaria attempts to capture the essence of what makes the AMW the AMW and not just another place to share clever creations. It is a legendarium of legendariums that makes the Imaginarium the Imaginarium. Within it are the people and personalities, characters and stories, and contests and silliness that call this place home.

If you wish to nominate a thread for inclusion to the Legendaria Imaginaria, the nomination thread is open.

The Legendaria Imaginaria continues below.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 3:46pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,842 posts

After seven months, the thread is up.

Current List of Memorable Threads. There are a few I cannot seem to find like the 'art battle' thread with Cenere, Zophia, and Strop.

Test post to see what it looks like, though I'm certain this would certainly look better if I could post in black, because the Legendaria Imaginaria thread doesn't look as great in moderator blue.

Contests
GFX Art Battles
Art Skills Competition

MS paint mudkip drawing contest
Draw that Pokemon!

Weekly Poetry Contest
Weekly Poetry Contest 2 aka Periodic Poetry Contest
Haiku Contest

Armatar Contest
Halloween 2008 - Winter 2008 - Spring 2009 - Summer 2009 - Halloween 2009 - Thanksgiving/Fall 2009 - Winter 2009

Tournaments
Mixed World Tournament
Placeholder Tournament of Awesome
A.G.S. Explore aka AG Sexplore

Challenges
Get the Cake
I Want to See Your Mental Poop

Miscellaneous
The Rap Arena
The Neverending Story

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 4:14pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,540 posts

I have two nominations
Jdogg's Animations thread by jdoggparty
Why monkey shouldn't drive... thread by iMogwai

Jdogg started with really basic animation and then upped his skill to the next level and then far beyond. Some really great animation.

Then, iMogwai's thread,which was inspired by Jdogg's thread. iMogwai did a lot of great animation and they were either humourous or action packed. I remember iMogwai's thread inspired a slew of animation threads as well.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 4:15pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,540 posts

Why monkeys shouldn't drive... (Monkey should be plural, sorry my mistake.)

Reply to "Legendaria Imaginaria" Nominations Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!