ForumsThe Tavern"Tales of the Tavern" Nominations Thread

54 18408
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hey Taverners!

I will be creating a thread/archive of memorable threads primarily from the Tavern, Support and Suggestions, and Popular Media. I will not be accepting politically or religiously charged or controversial threads from WEPR because those discussion never die and aren't very Armor Gamesy. All other sections will be considered, except for AMW, which will have its own memorable thread archive.

Here are a few criteria for selection:
- Must not be active
- Must not be exclusive
- Must not be your own
- Must be memorable

The thread will be created at a later date. It doesn't have a name yet, so feel free to suggest names. Also, please link to the thread(s) you are nominating.

• 54 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Great idea Gantic. I will start hunting for threads right away.

Hmm...Now for the name. Off the top of my head I came up with 'Fallen Soldiers'. Goes with the AG theme I guess.

And what do you consider active? Anything less then 2 months?

And I don't know what you mean by exclusive.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Is there a limit as to how many threads one person can nominate? I have a feeling I'll be nominating quite a few.

The first of many I choose to nominate is the "original" relationship advice thread, "If you have a question about girls..."

2009 was a great year, even though I was an idiot at the time.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hmm...Now for the name. Off the top of my head I came up with 'Fallen Soldiers'. Goes with the AG theme I guess.

Too corny.

And what do you consider active? Anything less then 2 months?

Less than six months.

Is there a limit as to how many threads one person can nominate? I have a feeling I'll be nominating quite a few.

Nominate as many as you want.

Definitely these three.

Worst. April Fools. Ever.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The old weather thread:
Weather

Ya, that is the only one I liked enough to put on here so far.

*Delete the other post please Gantic.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Five threads in one day. Not very overwhelming. I'm not going to create the thread if there isn't a good quantity of threads worth recognition.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Wait, so no Way of Moderation? That was an epic thread.

The name could be "Ye Olde Caverns" or something.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'm trying to think of the title of a thread; I think it was in the newcomers section, people were talking about cats and/or muffins, and it got a lot of posts before getting locked last year ( about fifty pages or so). I tried the forum search tool and couldn't find anything, but one of you must know. I'm sure some of you participated in it.

Worst. April Fools. Ever.

You trippin' dawg. Seeing all dem people goin' crazy over mods getting fired was hilarious. There must've been around twenty different threads about it.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Wait, so no Way of Moderation? That was an epic thread.

I stupid. Ignore what me sayd. I didn't even see the link to the AMW thread, I apologize.

Can the threads be from the 2008 era? I mean, other than no threads younger than 6 months not being active, any limitations?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This one *barely* makes the 6-month inactivity cut, but it's well-worth including.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Found it. Why did I think it had so many pages?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Can the threads be from the 2008 era? I mean, other than no threads younger than 6 months not being active, any limitations?

Why not?

Why did I think it had so many pages?

Because there was another thread that went to like 50 pages because people wouldn't stop posting in it, and that included the OP.

If you guys can't find a thread, I'll probably be able to find it if it hasn't been deleted. It isn't hard for me to remember some of posters in the thread and the words used. Put that into Google and out should come the thread. Unfortunately, some threads do end up disappearing over time.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Would any of the Forum Games Threads count, or are we talking only about threads with actual discussions?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Depends on the forum game. Anything noteworthy in them is few and far between.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Count to Hundred before it got locked was one of the more memorable FG games around.

Showing 1-15 of 54