ForumsThe Tavernhelp my ipod!!!

24 5640
Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

ok, this is kind of strange and nasty but, i dropped my ipod in the tiolet, the water was yellow, it hit the edge of the bowl than fell in. its been drying out for a day, but nothing happens when i press stuff, ive tried reseting it and everything. HELP!!!

• 24 Replies
gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

May your iPod rest in peace in the big computer chip in the sky.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Theirs no way that your IPod could survive that. This is why I don't bring my Sansa in the bathroom. Too much of a risk with all the water stuff in their.

May the Ipod Nano or shuffle or regular Ipod, rest in Pieces.

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

well, i think it might still function to some extent because there was a bunch of clicking that i heard coming from it, it does that when i reset it to. Damn, my parents are gonna kill me if its totally busted

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Yeah, sounds like you need a replacement. May I suggest a Zune?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

electrical circuit board is good as fried! Try a zune next time they have some covering over the chip.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

poor you...

NEVER TAKE ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES INTO THE BATHROOM!

Why was the water yellow?

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

kinggryman...sorry to say this, but I'm guessing the water was yellow because it was urine. And I'm sorry to say, but your I-pod is dead. The circut board couldn't have survived that much water... If it was under warranty, call up I-pod and try to get a replacement...

Best of luck

~Snowman1474

octobokid95
octobokid95
554 posts
Peasant

try puttin it in alcholol.... it works on mobile phones when it goes in water

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

well, supposedly the, um (yellow stuff) is a better conductant than just water, so (sniff) possibly, the poor ipod never had a chance and got fried.
@ octobokid
Seriously? wow thats cool

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

o, and dont ask how i kno that

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

Send it to a profesional, or buy a new one.

cooldude99778
cooldude99778
201 posts
Nomad

how dare you murder a poor innocent ipod lol. it never even had a chance. i feel bad for you bud.

DonkeyKong13
DonkeyKong13
65 posts
Nomad

I think I know what is wrong with it............................................it is

BROKEN

invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

You could go to an Apple store and not tell them about the toilet, but you could say it's not working, but if you're honest like me, you'd just go over to the closest apple store, tell them the truth and hopefully you had a warrenty on it. Mine broke, but they fixed it.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^ A week in a half is fine. As long as it isn't a month between posts.

I feel bad for you man. I am really careful with mine, so hopefully you will learn from your mistake!

Showing 1-15 of 24