ForumsThe TavernIsn't weird.......

17 4362
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

how now the ranking is basically a battle of who can talk to the most people? That just seems so stupid to me. You just talk to people, what's the fun in that? What I did back in the day to get to my spot was actually play the games and get merits from those games, and yeah that was really fun! I just don't understand it now. Is it really worth the high ranking? I guess you'll always be know for being the first King on this site, but you're basically notorious for getting there in a not so good manner. Well I got to say what I wanted to say. Oh, and just letting people know who think I wasted my time here, well they're wrong. I will hopefully always be remembered, sort of like a legend, because I was the very first person to reach 100 merit and I hope to remain the #1 in merits for a good while even if I rarely get on. Oh, and I guess bye and thanks to all those people that were really cool to me because I'm pretty sure that I'll never talk to you guys again because I'll rarely be on from now on. Unless maybe I decided to actually get back into this site, haha.

• 17 Replies
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Hows me staying on here going to change how corrupted people have gotten? I understand that I was some sort of huge hit on this site and supposedly people look up to me some how, but I actually do have a really wonderful life outside this site too. Don't worry I'm not completely quiting, it's just that I'll be on way less, if you haven't noticed already.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Don't worry I'm not completely quiting, it's just that I'll be on way less, if you haven't noticed already.

Didn't you read this hahaha.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

The issue of unbalanced points distribution is being discussed in the support forums right now actually! It has been suggested that profile and messenger comments should have be awarded either one or no points, whereas forum posts should be more.

I for one agree that the messenger points being worth 2 isn't the best idea seeing as it appears to provide incentives to being non-productive. Not that I have anything against forming social networks, but as it stands it's better to have that incidentally rather than tempt people into doing so in a contrived manner.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

That's what I like about the level/post system of NG. They keep them separate. Posting only changes post count, and account level/experience is only changed by voting in the flash portal.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Oh and I forgot to mention that I wrote the N&N Guide to Merits, which will hopefully always remain on this site because it does help people get merits. You see I didn't waste my time here, you have actually wasted your time here, unless you have done something that is memorable.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

you have actually wasted your time here, unless you have done something that is memorable

Maybe I don't need to ask, but are you directing this at anybody in particular?
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Yeah I see were your comeing from Nick, and I am also sadden by the ranks now?? Just look at them, I don't know how some of the people that started back in..well mabey olny 2-3 months ago reached the ranks of prince!!!!

I mean back when I started, I remeber all the ranking to be vary close and yet they did not have to over do anyone with higher ranks, they all had the same stats...

And yeah you may be remeberd as the the guy who got first gold KING, but then whats worse is that they over shodow your acctual acheivment Nick, they over shodow the fact that you have reached 100 merits, and made historey!!!

And I may have a lot of comments, but I also have merits and fourm posts, rated games to back me up, but some of the people up high don't have a single merits and there up high!!!

=========================

Glad to see you back for awhile Nick, I thought you were dead!!! haha and wheres X, I mena did he really die??

he never comes on anymore ever since he fell from the top??

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

To articulate the complaint in a more cogent fashion, you're upset that the AG ranking doesn't appear to be a meritocracy.

There's compelling argument that it should be so. However I also happen to know that any established system is subject to exploitation. I shudder to think what kind of exploitation will happen were the scoring to be aligned properly, because it will happen.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Maybe I don't need to ask, but are you directing this at anybody in particular?

Not really, just people who think I can't quit because then it's like I wasted my time here.

@Lil Gangsta

Hahaha, thanks. I feel the same way. Yeah it feels nice to be back for a little bit. I absolutely have no clue what happen to him. I at least wanted to say bye and thanks for technically being my best friend on this site, haha. Well maybe he's doing the same thing as me. He just hates how the top rankings has become. Seriously because now people have like 4000+ comments! I think there should be a limit to how many you could get daily. Maybe like 100 or 50 max.
purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

hmmmmmmm... yes this point system is very unbalnced and bad i agree
if we had a differnt one KOG wouldnt be num 1 right now and someone else would

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

You helped me learn how to earn a merrit, and I've tried. I don't think its working though, but who will pimp out the dragon gang place when your gone?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hey my Merit-Mentor!

I have listened to your advice. I am spending more time in the forums, like I originally did. Yes, you heard right....I only started talking to people via their pages heaps about 1 month after AG Beta started.

The forums are better....

Your Legacy will always be remembered.
KingRyan

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

but who will pimp out the dragon gang place when your gone?

What in the world are you talking about? I was never part of that dragon Clan Gang group thing. You must be confused.

@kingryan

I'm really glad to hear that. I hope you continue with your progress and I thank you. It's people like you that make this site a little better, haha.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

@nick_coolhaha

Thanks. You made my day a little brighter...even though it is 9:00pm and it is dark!!

My night then!

MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
446 posts
Nomad

Actually, referring to the title, YOU really isn't weird after all, nick_coolhaha ... I actually admire you as one of the members here on the site. Thanks for the "BIG" contribution to the site for the merits for us ... your legacy will never end to me.

Showing 1-15 of 17