Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Respect for Pedophiles?

Posted Jul 9, '12 at 6:55pm

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

I have to disagree. Even in the most extreme case where the rapist is unable to control themselves we have found chemical castration to be effective. I remember one pedophile who had undergone chemical castration then followed it with hormone therapy found he has in affect "reset" his sexual desires. The brain can be reprogrammed, it's just a matter of finding how to do what.

Really? What tests did they do on him? How did they figure out his sexual desires?

This is also why I would disagree with killing un-rehabilitatable psychopathic killers. We could use them for study to better understand how the brain works which not only would have benefit to rehabilitation but with repairing all sorts of neurological issues.

Use them for lab rats, then let them go? Where is the justice in that? Where is the logic in that? What would you do with them?

Posted Jul 9, '12 at 7:47pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Really? What tests did they do on him? How did they figure out his sexual desires?

I unfortunately don't remember it all. I do remember they started with a convicted child molester who volunteers for the procedure. I would assume psychological evaluations would be conduced.

I don't think we had the process but if this was to be used today  then brain scans to see what parts of the brain are firing when the person is exposed to stimuli could also be used in determining if the procedure was successful or not.

Since my computer seems to be somewhat behaving today I will see if I can find a link or something.

Use them for lab rats, then let them go?

If they can't be of any use to society any other way why not use them as lab rats? Though I wasn't advocating just letting them go. If such people are beyond our current ability to make them safe to be around in the public they should remain contained.
It just seems killing them only satisfies an act of vengeance and we are left not understanding what the driving forces of that person was, thus leaving us open to other people to end up the same way.

Where is the justice in that? Where is the logic in that?

As I already stated better understanding of how their brains work could lead to us being able to make them or other who end up like them into productive people who can function in society with out the thread of them going off on a killing spree. We could eventually end up beng able to see the sights of s killer and correct the malfunction in their brain driving them to want to kill before then even take a single life. Further more there could be applications in neurology in general, correcting other neurological problem people suffer with. Perhaps such studies could lead to alleviating depression for example.

What would you do with them?

Well I really have no idea of everything that could be done but I would think brain scans of how the brain formed and how it functions compared to a non psychopathic brain is a good start.

Posted Jul 9, '12 at 10:05pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Since my computer seems to be somewhat behaving today I will see if I can find a link or something.

Found some stuff on wiki on chemical castration and it's use on pedophiles. It seems there is some debate on whether it's use is constitutional or not.
In California a second time sex offender who has molested a child under the age of 13 and is on parole can be given this treatment without the option to reject it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_c … ted_States

And before chiding wiki for it's accuracy do look at the citations.

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 10:27am

toemas

toemas

314 posts

they dont, there sick people and dont deserve respect

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 10:30am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

they dont, there sick people and dont deserve respect

I wanted to stay out of the argument and watch, but I wanted to point at that that comment was pretty harsh. Can you back your claim?

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 3:22pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,912 posts

ugh people keep forgeting that pedophilia is actually a a form of attraction or a fetish. thinking that if someone is a pedophile he will eventually **** a child is the same as thinking that if someone likes blonde girls he will eventually **** a blonde girl.

its just so much easier to look down on people who like/dislike/do things that most people dont.

Posted Jul 10, '12 at 3:31pm

Kevin4762

Kevin4762

2,374 posts

Pedophiles should be able to do their own thing. After reading Lolita, I have a lot of sympathy towards pedophiles.

Posted Aug 11, '12 at 7:30am

TheZanmato

TheZanmato

112 posts

Pedos should be killed - that's all :P

Reply to Respect for Pedophiles?

You must be logged in to post a reply!