ForumsSupport ForumA quit button.

12 3151
Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

I dont think this is a copy but if it is just lock it mods.There should be some kind of quit buuton.In other words a button that deletes you account when you have decided to quit.I say there should be one becuase there is alot of people who have quit.I 've also noticed that when people quit other people start spamming on there account. With a quit button that wont happen if people start deleting there account after they quit.

• 12 Replies
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

I don't think this word workout too well, first of all, a lot of people quit and then come back, and also, most people just wouldn't use it.

Another problem would be if someone hacked there account they could just delete it rather easily. I don't know about this, In my opinion it's a no!

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Yes, steevo that would make much more sense, actually that way no hacker or anybody really could permanently get rid of an account unless you get banned! I think with that revision this may make a nice addition!

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I think this would be a bad idea, i agree with jwalshr and mrtim...but what i think would be a good idea is an option under the control panel to be able to deactivate your account if you wanted to leave for an extended period of time so that way people won't spam your account. But then when you want to reactivate your account you log onto it and activate it in the control panel. And only mods would be able to do things with a deactivated account.

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

Steevos idea is better but there are people who quit and never comeback.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I have to say that I kind of agree with all sides here. If you quit, one day you might want to come back. But at the same time, there should be an option to delete your account. So, I think there should be the option, but there should be something that pops up like: "Are you really really really sure that you never want to use this account again?"

fergman
fergman
144 posts
Peasant

I like the idea of an inactive button. It seems like it would actually work.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Hmmm, I see what you guys are saying, but as always I have to worry. I don't like the idea because if someone were to hack you, or find out your password, they could easily delete your profile and this could really angry a lot of people. Also, even if you had to reverify your password, if they knew it it wouldn't slow them down much, I think it would be smartest to go with Steevo's idea, to were you deactivate it, and it doesn't count as a user and such, but if you want you can log back in and reactivate it. That is in my opinion what would work best!

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well I like the idea but what if somebody hacked the account and made them quit?They would load all their progress on AG and if it worked I should say the should sent it to the e-mail that you signed up with so even if you did change the e-mail you could not make them quit!

Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

Maybe if oyu had a specail password you have to type in when you press the button to make sure its not a hacker getting rid of your account.

fergman
fergman
144 posts
Peasant

I like Crazynaitor's idea of having to confirm quiting in an email to the account email you signed up with. This would make it so that hackers wouldn't be able to delete your account.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

hmm yah. Your should be able to quit with a last minute confirmation on your email, but its too much hassle to do that, so some might not even waste their time.

There should be an option to show that your quit, or on vacation or sumthing. The red dot doesnt tell much about their log in habits. You might not even know they log in

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I definitely think there should be a 'quit' button, since there are obviously a *ton* of unused accounts out there. Some might just be very occasionally active, but I think most just need to be deleted. If you want to come back, of course you can, you just have to work your way back up again.

Showing 1-12 of 12