ForumsThe TavernPersonal Post Quotas

36 5495
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Now, before you all go jumping on me for suggesting this, I want to make it clear that this is not a suggestion for the site, but rather for users who are willing to make it happen for themselves!

So what is my idea? Well, my idea, for anyone who is willing to accept it, is to create a personal forum post quota for yourself. For me, I don't rest until I've posted at least 10 times a day in the forums. That sounds pretty low, because it is! If this idea is to take effect, however, my quota and those of others can be raised to reasonably higher numbers over time.

Now, let me specify again that this is NOT mandatory! This is only for people who are willing to make a personal commitment to themselves and to the forums to meet a certain requirement of their choice every day they come online and pay a visit to the forums without breaking any rules. If done correctly and not abused, I have a feeling this could really get the forums moving again if enough people are willing to participate!

What does everyone else think of my proposal?

• 36 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I post once per... when I feel like it.. maybe..

-Awesome Quota Skills Here-

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Quotas quell quality.

I agree if your posting just to get points it takes away the idea of posting because posting is meant so you can have discussions with people not get more points
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Do we need a quota for how many posts we make per day? No.

You're not being forced to make a quota. It's just a suggestion made to help stimulate forum activity.

I thought this idea was going to be a hit, but it turned out to have been a major flop! =/

I wouldn't feel discouraged. At least you tried... Made an honest effort. Don't feel discouraged.
Showing 31-33 of 36