ForumsProgramming ForumArmor Games

12 6331
jasonjie88
jasonjie88
28 posts
Nomad

When I look at other gaming websites, I see different things that make the website unique.
When I look at Kongregate, I see games in not just Flash, but also in Unity and Java.
When I look at Newgrounds, I see an audio portal that allows songs to be open to the public.
Which leads me to my question. Say you made a game and you are ready to show the world what your game has got. You want to show everyone just how awesome your game is. And you decide to post through Armor Games. However, does that beginning sound of clashing swords give a good first impression? Would you be proud to have an Armor Games starting logo on your game over other gaming website logos?
What makes Armor Games unique? Why would you submit to Armor Games over other websites? What do you think is the thing about Armor Games that would seperate it from other websites?

• 12 Replies
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Armor games in my opinion has the highest quality of games

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Armor Games has a reputation of only allowing flash games of a certain quality onto the website, rather than allowing everything through. This stands in direct contrast to Kongregate's "Everything Goes" philosophy.

As a result, a game with the Armor Games logo tends to be associated with high quality, and thus makes players more likely to click through the menus and actually play the game.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They screen the games themselves and only allow the ones they think are the highest quality, suppose that makes them unique. I think all of those sites have most of the AG games on them though. And at the same time that makes amateur developers move to other sites because they can't get feedback - ratings and comments on games.
I don't think AG should allow every game, but they should expand their horizon. More games to play and I think this part of the forums will get more active.

gamebuilder15
gamebuilder15
6 posts
Nomad

Getting sponsored by ArmorGames is good thing. AG is one of the best sponsors out there.

alexandrica
alexandrica
100 posts
Nomad

exactly that all said.Armor Games seems to accept only high quality games.Now the bad part is that there seems to be more and more hackers that makes AG a not as good as it was before gaming site.a lot of time ago there was a problem about loging on with armorgames accounts on "Everybody Edits":some people managed to log on with other ones accounts without entering the password, so they needed to erase "Everybody Edits" and this anoyed me a lot and i still waiting to resolve the prblem.

-Alexandrica hte archer-

beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

I had to make a new everybody edits account on their site, which is sad because everybody edits is the reason i joined this site in the first place! Everybody edits on armor games is DOOMED!

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

HOW DO U GIVE OUT AP

MaticX
MaticX
41 posts
Nomad

AG is a good game website and has a good variety of games, but they should sponsor some medium quality games too. And for me, I like the swords clashing in the AG logo.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

armor games allows groups and users to chat they don't AG RULES

nosajimiki
nosajimiki
12 posts
Nomad

I personally love AG b/c I feel like I don't have to filter through trash. If a game is released here, it's usually at a very minimum worth playing for an afternoon. They also have a better variety than I see in most other places. They don't post obligatory PtP games. They're advertisements are unobtrusive, and from a developer's standpoint, any half decent game gets enough hits and feed-back here that I would never feel like I'm wasting my time making a game for this site.

To answer your question, the experience makes it unique. Sure they limit themselves by not doing Java games etc, but I don't ever feel like I've felt annoyed coming here. I can't say that about any other "free" game site.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

HOW DO U GIVE OUT AP

Less of the caps now.

You can't give out Armor points, you have to earn them. No one can actively give AP ro someone.

I love AG. The community is friendly, and the games are good. YOu don't get many idiots arounnd here or any trolls. Sometimes there is a little spam, but its not much.

Its unique, don't ask me why, it just is.
markzi
markzi
103 posts
Nomad

Do i have to get the game sponsored to upload it here?

Showing 1-12 of 12