ForumsArt, Music, and WritingProject Proteus "Market Research"

19 8217
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The grandest of dreamers reach the highest of stars while the others only dream of dreaming so high. But this is no time to dream! It is time to reach the stars!

Project Proteus is a special project that will be the project to beat all other projects. It is not just one project, but a project of projects. It is everything and nothing. Part ASC, part WPC, part AC, part WaM, part SSC, and part Flujarian gum rat with 111% creativity and inspiration.

But this is not Project Proteus. It is just a thread about the possibility of Project Proteus. The reason for a thread about a thread? This place isn't that active and I want to see how many people would be interested in participating.

The details are difficult to nail down due to the protean nature of this project, but here is the gist of it:

Project Proteus is a limited-run project of projects of different aspects. The people working on Project Proteus work toward completing the current project and turn their work into the project manager(s). The project managers write up their progress reports and send it to the head of GantiCorp who will review the progress of Project Proteus. After review, a new project is assigned until the completion of Project Proteus.

Project = contest
Project manager = judge
Project member = participant
The head of GantiCorp = Gantic

So there will be a need for project managers (judges) and project members (participants) blah blah blah for a contest where one week might be a poem and the next the drawing a dragon. Winners are not chosen by how well they write or draw but by their ideas and their originality as well as their willingness to perform well, but that is not to say that writing/drawing well does not help. After all that's done is the conclusion to this limited-run project.

• 19 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I could probably do some of the Animating in my class for that. And Laundry. I could do that.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

To be serious, I don't know how long the entire Project will last. Projects usually don't last more than two months, but since this is a project of projects, it might last more than 6 months or more.

I'll probably start it soonish.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I'll join, but I don't think I will manage to do anything during early August. I probably just won't have much internet access.

Showing 16-18 of 19