Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Project Proteus "Market Research"

Posted Jul 15, '12 at 6:00pm

daleks

daleks

3,315 posts

GIMP and Photoshop both allow the user to create slides one-by-one and then animate and save as an animated GIF. Much like a post-it book flipped through.

The easier way to say it is frame animation. I would go with GIMP. Photoshop costs lots of money.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 9:41pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,445 posts

Is anyone actually up for anything that doesn't require simple writing and drawing?

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 9:47pm

daleks

daleks

3,315 posts

Like what exactly. I need examples.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 10:07pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Is anyone actually up for anything that doesn't require simple writing and drawing?

As said earlier, I can submit an entry for every categorical subject you mentioned.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 10:18pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,445 posts

A bit of storytelling, design, editing, animating, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.

I'm not going to propose anything 'unreasonable' like printmaking, sculpting, composing, dancing, surgery, flying, conquering, etc.

Posted Jul 20, '12 at 10:42pm

daleks

daleks

3,315 posts

It depends. How hard and long would the project take?

Posted Jul 21, '12 at 1:12pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,445 posts

Laundry isn't that hard. Takes no more than 2 hours.
Cleaning is a bit more difficult and tediously time consuming.
Cooking is even harder but more time consuming including the prep work that needs to be done.
Animating is harder still and even more time consuming with its manual frame-by-frame process.
Editing is harder than that and takes up so much time looking over things multiple times you'll take breaks than lengthen the time it takes.
Design is nigh impossible and requires insight and inspiration which may take ages.
Storytelling is a skillful craft and takes generations upon generations. What you get in the end is an epochal story.

Posted Jul 21, '12 at 2:00pm

daleks

daleks

3,315 posts

I could probably do some of the Animating in my class for that. And Laundry. I could do that.

Posted Jul 21, '12 at 7:32pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,445 posts

To be serious, I don't know how long the entire Project will last. Projects usually don't last more than two months, but since this is a project of projects, it might last more than 6 months or more.

I'll probably start it soonish.

Posted Jul 22, '12 at 10:00am

goumas13

goumas13

4,487 posts

I'll join, but I don't think I will manage to do anything during early August. I probably just won't have much internet access.

Reply to Project Proteus "Market Research"

You must be logged in to post a reply!