ForumsWEPRWill there be an iceage?

27 5595
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I am just wondering will there I think there might be one in 100 years what do you guys think?

• 27 Replies
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well i dont think so because we will probaly have global warming in a 100 years still

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, Turret is correct. Because , every year, our temperatures get hotter because of the Sun. But in 100 years, We would have various amounts of Sunny seasons, We might not even have snow in December.

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

It all depends on how global warming turns out. You have to ask yourself about global warming first.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

I dont think this world will last another 100 years honestly. This world we live in is messed up.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

I doubt any ice age is going to come in this century, so it's not really a big mattter.

RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

an ice age? the earth is warming up so over 100 years there will be more melted ice than an new ice age.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

That's true.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Yes but once the world is flooded by the ice, the earth will begin cooling off into an ice age...or thats how it happened before. As for 100 years, heck no! We have a long long long time before that happens. The world's temperatures will continue to fluctuate, but i think we's good for a while...

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

at the rate we are messing with the planet scientist say the next one will come in about 10,000 years or so watch the day after tomarow the facts in it are true about the current a bit exagerated, but true

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah BASHA is right on the time it is coming. Of course with Nukes and such i wouldn't be worried about an ice age.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

most probably there's an iceage,but just think...since the start of homo sapiens till now...maybe iceage is nearing,but there's no sign of the erath cooling....so maybe still very long way to iceage?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I think that eventually there will be another ice-age...but that won't be our problem!

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

all right guys, temperatures been changing naturally, we had the ice age, then the Medieval Warm Period, then the little Ice age (though I will admit it is being argued whether the Medieval Warm period and little Ice age was regional or global) and now we are going back on the temperature rise.

We might have one, I'm not sure. but If things go wrong and we all nuke each other it can cause the Hypothetical 'Nuclear Winter' which is where it is thought that severely cold weather can be caused by detonating large numbers of nuclear weapons (About 100 Hiroshima sized bombs) The basis of Nuclear winter is that if a lot of major cities get hit that all the smoke from the fires will cause so much smoke in the atmosphere that it will block out the sun.

That might be the new ice age right there.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

Who knows? It's almost unpredictable.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

It's funny how towards the entire beginning of the first page they don't even know what Global Warming is haha. Yeah I know that the temperatures are rising, but once global warming happens we'll be in another Ice Age after a while. Also I remember seeing Krin say something about that 90% or 80% of scientist believe that global warming is actually happening. I guess this world isn't going to last for that much more, but I hope it does because I don't want it to end.

Showing 1-15 of 27