ForumsWEPRWill there be an iceage?

27 5603
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I am just wondering will there I think there might be one in 100 years what do you guys think?

• 27 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I don't believe their will be a second Ice Age. Well, at least not in our time. We have Global Warming that keeps on growing every second. Theirs cars, factories, even planes littering gas that has all the chemicals that destroy the ozone layer. The only possible way of having an Ice Age is if all the ice melts, and have the sun blocked out. It's a small chance. Probably .0000001 percent.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

drakokirby
if the ozone layer is getting destroyed as quickly as you believe you'd be frying (literally) under uv rays right now. Or there would be atleast pockets of it...ozone destructive air pollutants aren't very high at all...its not the '80s anymore

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Yeah lol *ouch it burns* i dont think that it is going down that fast

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Well the tempatures are rising in Ireland its actually Irelands hottest summer ever believe it or not!And its only like 25 degress max today!Minimum 19 degress

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't even think Global Warming exists now. It's just another crazy statistic that can be explained with a simple answer that people won't admit.

Did you also know that there is a correlation between ice cream sales and deaths by drowning? Figure that one out.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

no link?

how bout the number of click you make on the mouse resulting in rains and drought?sounds absurd?because it is.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

http://www.venganza.org/piratesarecool4.gif
This one makes a lot of sense and is about global warming.

@shermzx
The link is when more ice cream is sold it is hotter out, when it is hotter out more people swim, when more people swim more people drown.

Anyways, global warming either man-made or cyclic will eventually result in another ice age. Without polar ice caps, the global current will slow to a stop. Then because of unequal heat distribution the ice caps will grow to massive sizes, because they will take up so much area they will reflect a lot of sunlight causing continuous cooling and freezing. Then it should eventually warm up again and the ice caps will recede.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I have heard of global warming obviously but i have never heard of it causing an ice age. I didnt realise that this was a thory does anyone have any solid facts apart from silly graphs like the one above?

Flamegoat
Flamegoat
34 posts
Nomad

probably not with the global warming soon to be crises

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

If we have global warming which makes things HOTTER then how could we have an ICEage, that is just a little weird.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

This is why "global warming" is such a misnomer. It really more properly refers to "increased climatic extremities and instability" rather than "oh my, what a lovely December morning, let's go frolic on the beach in our swimmers!"

That graph is LOL. I've seen it before but it's still LOL. Especially as the numerical values on the x-axis don't even go in a single direction. Also, where the heck did they get 17 from. There's definitely way more pirates living today than that!

Yarr.

jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

yes

Showing 16-27 of 27