ForumsSupport Forum[Necro] Links redirecting to shock site

87 23247
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Going to Freakenstein's page and page 70 in Tacky's thread in the AMW is redirecting me to a shock site. I asked several people and it's happening to them as well. On Firefox it prevents you from being redirected, but if you're using other browsers they may not prevent it.

What's going on?

• 87 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Yeah... I checked Gantic, Freakenstein, Devoidless, jroy... It's likely a hack. Scared the **** out of me because my parents are in the room.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Go to this GetSatisfaction thread:

It wasn't difficult to figure out when you add up the details.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Nice to get a warning before I scare myself silly. Are there any other threads that I should watch out for?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ya, it seems to be spreading too. I tried to go to MrDayCee's profile and GhostOfMatrix's profile and that happened.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Switch over to Firefox in the mean time. If it still happens while on Firefox then install the extension NoScript, but I doubt you'll need it as it works fine without it.

Seems like a few of the CountingTime folks are having a boring day.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Still happens when I use Firefox. Haven't installed NoScript though.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Options > content > block pop up windows.
Options > security > block reported attack sites.
Options > advanced > general > warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Thanks GoM. It was that last one I didn't have.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Ya, it seems to be spreading too. I tried to go to MrDayCee's profile and GhostOfMatrix's profile and that happened.

Likely because they're on the main leaderboard. It's on firetail_madness, Roadripper, plokkey, tennisman24, knight_34, Xcalibur45, and MrDayCee but not yet on Ernie15, Google567, or Carlie.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I think it might be drunkonluck3's doing. On most of the URL's that are redirecting he posted last with a message that doesn't show up. Plus he just got his account today.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Both Impossumble and drunkonluck3. If you check the website source code on any page with their comments, you'll notice the meta tag to redirect you.

bloodybeet
bloodybeet
34 posts
Nomad

can you consider this like a big problem? . have this a solution ?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Solution until the admins do something about it:

Use Firefox when browsing AG and make sure these are checked:
Options > content > block pop up windows.
Options > security > block reported attack sites.
Options > advanced > general > warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page.

bloodybeet
bloodybeet
34 posts
Nomad

thanks

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

Seems like a few of the CountingTime folks are having a boring day.

Blame it on the CTers -_- I haven't been there in the last week, but I can't imagine them doing something like this, especially with a mod in their midst.
Anyhow, I wish I had gotten the memo before I made an unscheduled visit to Lemonparty.
Showing 1-15 of 87