Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Artificial Intelligence

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 8:41pm

Eshploded

Eshploded

503 posts

Well, you can always remove traits that would cause their ambition, and who said they would have to be smarter than us?

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 8:52pm

Vivix

Vivix

9 posts

I agree with Eshploded, you take out traits that you dont like, and they really dont have to be smarter than us.
Also i think that even thoiugh they are being developed for war, when we get then smart enough i think that we should but their brains to use in searching for cures and cleaner tech.

Posted Feb 9, '08 at 5:05pm

Hekeshi

Hekeshi

12 posts

I agree this isn't really a problem of whether or not to use AI but more to what degree's and what purposes.

Posted Feb 9, '08 at 5:11pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

19,843 posts

I don't know what we should do with the way the people are doing today. It just doesn't seem right to change the world yet...

Posted Feb 9, '08 at 5:41pm

WallyOhio

WallyOhio

164 posts

i don't care how "smart" a machine gets...you should be able to pull the plug at any time. rights? thats the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a while. giving machines rights would lower human rights. what if you accidently unplug 1...now you're going to jail for killing your computer...no rights for machines. ever.

Posted Feb 9, '08 at 5:44pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

19,843 posts

That's right!!!!

Posted Feb 9, '08 at 11:28pm

TMNTWIGY

TMNTWIGY

83 posts

Ya i think they would have minds of there own.

Posted Feb 9, '08 at 11:30pm

TMNTWIGY

TMNTWIGY

83 posts

If they would war us do you think we would lose or win or just demolish them?

Posted Feb 10, '08 at 3:08pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

There is a difference between AI becoming..self-aware you could call it...and it being able to do anything about it. It would more or less be limited to either a computer and such or a very limted mechanical body. So it would more or less be a mild sensation then nothing more. Unless, of course, at the same time it gained access to a superb mechancial body and/or became malicious and started to infect and takeover other programs while writing itself over other programs at an alarming rate. Then we could be in a little sqeeze.

Posted Feb 12, '08 at 7:31pm

ryantheman

ryantheman

56 posts

i think i like the idea of it and it would be aweosem