ForumsWEPRArtificial Intelligence

24 9054
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

This topic can go a lot of places. AI has different degrees (strong and weak). Some of the issues arise from brains causing minds to the rights of a machine with AI.

If something can think just like us, does it have rights?

• 24 Replies
TMNTWIGY
TMNTWIGY
79 posts
Nomad

Ya i think they would have minds of there own.

TMNTWIGY
TMNTWIGY
79 posts
Nomad

If they would war us do you think we would lose or win or just demolish them?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

There is a difference between AI becoming..self-aware you could call it...and it being able to do anything about it. It would more or less be limited to either a computer and such or a very limted mechanical body. So it would more or less be a mild sensation then nothing more. Unless, of course, at the same time it gained access to a superb mechancial body and/or became malicious and started to infect and takeover other programs while writing itself over other programs at an alarming rate. Then we could be in a little sqeeze.

ryantheman
ryantheman
56 posts
Nomad

i think i like the idea of it and it would be aweosem

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

i don't think its such a wise idea. maing something that can be smarter faster stronger then us might not be to great if you catch my drift. because we will treat them like slaves and eventaully they will evovle and their eye's will be opened and they will not be so pleased.

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

Ai can be very dangerous until we perfect it for large or dangerous machine such as tanks, planes etc. i think simple robots are the only things ai i should be used for unless it is directly controlled by military personall.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

robots can destroy the working mans job

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Well, the entrance of labor machines might be gradual, and the government can use brainwashing propaganda and reforms to put human laborers into college and becoming higher paid intellectuals.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

An AI is perfect when it can convice a human it is human. If AI reaches that piont I think that they will take over our lives. Kind of like in Dune. My bigest fear is not robots taking the job of laborers, but intellectual jobs (teacher, scientis, doctor, (newly) mechanic, lawer)

Showing 16-24 of 24