ForumsWEPRWill China take over the world????

101 20740
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

Hey not to be racist or any thing but does anyone notice the sudden population growth of chinese people??? This sometimes scares me because they are becoming more and more spread across the world and much more powerful. since they are allied with North Korea, they might turn into some asian force. this might mean they could be stronger than the U.S. Please reply in a nice and not racial way!!! this is just supposed to just have another conversation about todays world.

P.S- im not Chinese

• 101 Replies
eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

The Bible mentions an army of 100 million in revelations...i think the chinese have the capability to take over the world...and bring about the end of the world. But hey, revelations is soo metaphorical i'm not even sure if that will be true.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

NO they will not take over the world. Im not one who takes sides but if the Russians joined China then they wanted to take over then maybe we have a problem

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Hmmmm... China might have the raw industrial and population power to do it, but most would side against them depending on how world politics go (on a side note the Russians and Chinese hate each other and would be unlikely to ally).

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

For China's economy to beat the US, they would need 10% growth for 125 straight years. They do have a large economy, but it's no where near the US. That being said, the US would dominate China in any conflict due to our immense economy. Not only that, we have a huge stockpile of nuclear weapons. Tactical nuclear strikes would bring China to the third world in less than an hour. If China is going to take over the world, it will me centuries from now.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I think China has a chance against the U.S. because our economy certainly isn't that well off... we owe them a few trillion. China has ICBMs too, if we fire they fire back, I doubt politicians would be that stupid... Well, thinking of Bush and his prior choices, then we are in deep sh**.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

They do have a large economy, but it's no where near the US

As necromancer has pointed out, it's also apparently nowhere near in as much trouble as the US economy. China is currently expanding their economic interests to 3rd world countries and in doing so increasing the net of their cultural influence exponentially. It wouldn't surprise me if certain African states adopt Cantonese as their second language.

That said, despite the growth and industrialisation as well as the obvious shift towards capitalist gains, China's economy seems to me to be a bit of an unknown entity. Have you seen how their stockmarket runs!?
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Yes, the US economy is in a slump, but that's how economics works. In a few years, the US economy will be soaring and China's will be slumping. Then there will be talks of how weak China is, and how strong the US is. China is growing, yes. But the growth has already slowed down a bit. Sooner or later, they will hit a decline.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

It was like this originally. Control Australia...Control the World.

Whoever takes over Australia will control the world. Think about it...wide open spaces, perfect for nuclear weaponry stockpiles. Perfect harbours for launching ships...great stockpiles of high grade plutonium and uranium.

Australia is the key...but while I'm here, no-ones getting it!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, but seeing as macroeconomics is driven by the vagaries of perception and valuation, I'm wondering whether global dynamics will shift before happens.

Somehow to me it's not likely, either, to shift in such a way that China becomes "the new world superpower". While the US isn't particularly popular, China is probably less so, so there will be a great resistance to change in this particular status quo. But I wouldn't dismiss the possibility, or even the likelihood of more subtle changes.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

@ kingryan:

There's a lot of talk about this on multiple levels, and it all boils down to this massive load of space and resource richness. As an Australian resident, I'm just going to sit here and plug my ears hoping that nobody starts taking the idea too seriously until most of the problems of how to address our current environmental issues are solved! Or we could continue to ally ourselves with the superpowers hoping that trade agreements and diplomatic ties will create a system of checks and balances between any competing interests in the future!

p.s. In the far-future novel that I'm writing that I occasionally mention, I've actually assumed that Australia is 'where it's at' and this has influenced the global dynamics enormously!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I belive that China will continue to grow as long as it has ebough fuel to keep its economy growing. This economic growth has kept its peopel relatively happy. However when there is a shortage of anything eg food /water the people suffer. When the communist regime in China collapses as it eventually will then they will stop being dominant. One of the reasons they are a world power atm is vecause they spend so much money on industry and the military. However when the govt gets overturned which it probably will in the next few years when it runs out of food. Then it will not be so powerful as it will have to spend its budget on feeding its people not economic growth and military growth so it will be less powerful.

Philein
Philein
1 posts
Nomad

Have you ever heard about chinese people hurting others? (except the speculation about Tibet?)

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

China is to weak to take over the world. And plus many countries wouldnt like that so they wont become allies and rebel against it.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes there have been lots of instances where this has hapened. Tibet is not just speculation. When they took it over they bombed the monastaries killing thousands of people. Not only this but there is a basic lack of human rights in lots of their provinces and in China itself, no free speech etc. Its not a good regime

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Philein wrote:

Have you ever heard about chinese people hurting others? (except the speculation about Tibet?)

Tibet is not speculation- there is plenty of unequivocal documented journalistic evidence. Also, you're forgetting the long bloody history of the struggle for Taiwanese independence.

Also, perhaps you would like to enlighten us on China's policy on capital punishment and cultural suppression. Sure it's getting better but the underground blackmarket organ harvest of executed 'enemies of the state' (e.g. Falun Gong practicioners) is like the world's worst kept secret!
Showing 1-15 of 101