ForumsWEPRIs transsexualism a disorder?

20 12520
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

The text-revised fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR) classifies what is essentially transsexualism as gender identity disorder (GID). The tenth edition of the International Classification of Diseases does as well. Do you agree that there is such a thing as gender identity disorder or even gender dysphoria?

• 20 Replies
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

They aren't always born that way. I have this gorgeous lesbian friend who has pictures of her as a small child kissing a little boy on Facebook with the description of "I wasn't always gay LAWL" ... Or something similar. I don't like the "born that way" argument. It isn't even an argument at all. Mentally handicapped children are "born that way," individuals with cleft palates and associated issues are "born that way." Regardless of whether or not I sympathize with your overall point, your argument sucks, so you need come up with something better.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I strongly disagree

just like a person can strongly disagree that 1+1=2.

its a fact. having an opinion that goes against a fact is pointless. espacially if the homosexuals themselves TELL you they are born that way. how would you know if you cant judge it if your gay?

you have 3 choices: believe homosexuals since they know what it is, believe scientists who use logic and believe random people you agree with.

do you realise the difference? you having an opinion wont change the fact.

They aren't always born that way. I have this gorgeous lesbian friend who has pictures of her as a small child kissing a little boy on Facebook with the description of "I wasn't always gay LAWL" ... Or something similar. I don't like the "born that way" argument. It isn't even an argument at all. Mentally handicapped children are "born that way," individuals with cleft palates and associated issues are "born that way." Regardless of whether or not I sympathize with your overall point, your argument sucks, so you need come up with something better.

can she explain? how old was she in the pic? when and how did she suddenly wake up and was gay?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I would say that one could be transsexual and experience gender identity disorder, but being transsexual isn't having GID.

Mage pretty much sums up my thoughts on this.

for me it is, because it's not a normal thing... gay, lesbian and bi are normal, because it's in-borned or a metter of decision...

How is it not normal. Being gay is not a matter of decision, either is believing you are another gender. The choice to be another gender is perfectly acceptable in my eyes. People can change their hair every week to keep themselves happy, may aswell be who you want to be.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

How did i not see this?!

You absolute sweetheart :P My first ever boyfriend, WIN.
Showing 16-19 of 20