ForumsPopular MediaThe Dark Knight Rises

59 16817
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

all things about the new batman who went to see the midnight premiere, i did and it was awesome

~Manly Man

• 59 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I thought it was a great movie. But its greatness will forever be remembered only by blood. The Colorado incedent is what I'm referring to, but that's got it's own thread.
All in all it was a cool movie. I liked how they included bane breaking batmans back. The prision part was a little strange though, how did he get back to gothem without being noticed?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

The prision part was a little strange though, how did he get back to gothem without being noticed?

Dude, he's Batman. I think that's reason enough. Anyways, ending played with my emotions too much, but that's not bad at all.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

The moment I found out Gordon-Levitt's real name was "Robin" I was pumped. And I actually thought batman died, unil I saw Alfred in the cafe, and he nodded to Bruce, perfect.

On another note, does anyone realize what a pedo Bane is? He's a good 20 years older than the daughter of Liam Neeson, and he loves her. Eww.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Dude, he's Batman. I think that's reason enough. Anyways, ending played with my emotions too much, but that's not bad at all.
yes he is batman but that is not the answer as always he conveniently had something on his utility belt...which they left at the top of the well for him when he got up i suppose....

~manly man
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

The moment I found out Gordon-Levitt's real name was "Robin" I was pumped

And I actually thought batman died, unil I saw Alfred in the cafe, and he nodded to Bruce, perfect.

Guys, spoilers are dangerous. Movie just came out a few days ago.

yes he is batman but that is not the answer as always he conveniently had something on his utility belt...which they left at the top of the well for him when he got up i suppose....

And we really don't know how long it took between escaping and reaching Gotham, it could have been over a month.
cricket62
cricket62
18 posts
Nomad

saw it

pretty epic

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
350 posts
Nomad

It was an amazing movie

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The moment I found out Gordon-Levitt's real name was "Robin" I was pumped

I called him beig robin halfway through the movie. I thought batman would die and he would take over as batman. Would have been cool. Also, I have heard rumors of a justice legue movie and I'm wondering how they will do that. This batman is too realistic for all the super powered stuff
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I want to see this movie, but I'll wait until it comes out on DVD and someone uploads it to 1channel.ch. On top of the movie tickets costing a lot, this incident in Colorado frightened me.

Also, I have heard rumors of a justice legue movie and I'm wondering how they will do that.

I've wanted this ever since the series and the three or so animated films. I think it'd be similar to Watchmen, but what actors will they have.
This batman is too realistic for all the super powered stuff

He didn't have any powers in the animated series or films, he just relied on what he's always done.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

So many things that were not realistic in that movie, but it was an OK movie. It was too long, had some weird things in it(Bane WALKS in to the stock exchange, comes out on his bike. Where did he get the bike?)

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

I saw it, good movie. Christopher Nolan is an awesome director.

My favorite part was the part where I didn't get shot.

Cruel joke is cruel, but I don't want to leave any spoilers for people.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

He didn't have any powers in the animated series or films, he just relied on what he's always done

Yeah i know, but look at the series. I mean he even had realistic villains.
scarecrow- a group of people develop a fear gas and attack the city.
the joker- an insane, kill crazy nutcase bent on killing batman
two face- a man with no real powers. He went insane and looks like sh*t
bane- strong man
catwoman- skilled thief

I just dont think that this batman belongs with all the superman stuff their. Also, the watchmen was darker. The justice league seems too bright and happy for the dark knight.
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

SPOILER ALERT. Don't read past here if you haven't seen the movie.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

And I actually thought batman died, unil I saw Alfred in the cafe, and he nodded to Bruce, perfect.

Um, did you not hear the part about the him mixing the autopilot?

The prision part was a little strange though, how did he get back to gothem without being noticed?

He was on the ice (exilement) which they weren't patrolling because it was very very easily broken.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

My favorite part was the part where I didn't get shot.
My favorite part of this thread is how you said that. Oh man, I was gonna cite some part of Anne Hathaway's performance as my favorite part, but not getting shot takes the cake.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

scarecrow- a group of people develop a fear gas and attack the city.
the joker- an insane, kill crazy nutcase bent on killing batman

I saw the first two Batman movies, and I can safely say that the man who wore the Scarecrow mask and the Joker are the same character. The same actor played both people. They look the same. I mean, hell, at the end of the first movie the corrupt lawyer guy who was making the stuff got sprayed and ran away, in an insane rampage. In the opening of the 2nd movie, the Joker was wearing the Scarecrow mask. Same guy.
Showing 1-15 of 59