ForumsPopular MediaThe Dark Knight Rises

59 16781
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

all things about the new batman who went to see the midnight premiere, i did and it was awesome

~Manly Man

• 59 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I believe what he is trying to say is, to really experience the film for what it is, you need to watch the first 2 films to actually get that feeling that Batman's journey is complete. Yes, you cant just watch the third movie and have all the blanks filled in, but you just won't truly understand the story of Batman and his rise, fall, and end.

This is exactly what I mean. And yes, you're right Dudeguy, you can watch them as individual movies and enjoy them, however I feel that those who bash The Dark Knight Rises are forgetting that Nolan prefers to plan intelligent movies, and that he was telling a story from the beginning, not simply making action flicks. If you ever do watch all the movies you'll see that. You may also pick up on a lot of cues and tie ins. For example, I am fairl sure Scarecrow has shown up in all three movies.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I am fairl sure Scarecrow has shown up in all three movies.

He was the judge, correct?

"Death... by exile"
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

He was the judge, correct?

"Death... by exile"

Yes, yes he was. If you ever saw Batman the Animated Series you probably enjoyed those court scenes a little more than most. A lot of people called in pandering... eh.
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

Man the movie imo was not enough batman just and i think so really some up my biggest point was where were all his gadgets he uses and they really didnt give him any creativity with his fighting scenes that movie made me want to skip to the justice league movie

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss wonders what would have happened if heath ledger was still alive, and they decided to incorporate him (the joker) into the plot somehow. Would he be killed for not having a 'lan,' not fitting in with banes plan, ect... Or would he play a different, more important role? The judge? Maybe a Hannibal Lecter-esque type person, dissecting bane? Something else? Thaboss would have loved to see a discussion between the joker and bane. That would have been extremely awesome.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Man the movie imo was not enough batman just and i think so really some up my biggest point was where were all his gadgets he uses and they really didnt give him any creativity with his fighting scenes that movie made me want to skip to the justice league movie

It's not ALL about the fighting scenes you know.. There's supposed to be all sorts of messages and underlying themes and such you've got to be able to recognize. :/
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

something funny that happened at the midnight premiere when i went was this, so i was just coming in after rushing to the bathroom because it was starting late so i had time, and i come in and i see the ending of this movie trailer, everyone thought it was a commercial for some corny movie, then well see for yourself

~manly man

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Cant wait to see this movie

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

something funny that happened at the midnight premiere when i went was this, so i was just coming in after rushing to the bathroom because it was starting late so i had time, and i come in and i see the ending of this movie trailer, everyone thought it was a commercial for some corny movie, then well see for yourself

Have to admit, **** good for a deodorant commercial.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

How do you confuse Selina Kyle and Talia Al Ghul?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Did anyone else get the two girls mixed up?

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012/06/SNF01CAT1-_1519502a.jpg
and
http://www.cinemapulse.com/storage/journal-images/dark-knight-rises-marion-cotillard-miranda-tate-poster.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1338776438381
dont look too similar. So no, I didnt get them confused.
I figure it's one of those types of movies where it gets better every time you watch it.

Yeah... It is
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Well this movie had shootings you know but by the movie it was like a villian that could do stuff pretty cool

but my point is there has been 2 shootings at this movie.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Anne Hathaway was surprisingly pretty hot. She's come a long way from the Princess Diaries haha.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

feel bad for the people who died in the shootings im glad christian bale visited the victims

Mathrox_123
Mathrox_123
17 posts
Nomad

Watched it

BEST FREAKING MOVIE EVER!!!!!

Showing 31-45 of 59