ForumsPopular MediaMost deaths in a Disney Movie

23 26002
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

So I was having a discussion with my friends and the topic of Disney deaths came up. We eventually came to a particularly interesting question, which Disney movie has the most on-screen and implied deaths?

By "implied" I'm getting at stuff like Lion King; only Scar and Mufasa are shown to die, but it can be implied that, because of widespread devastation that followed Scar's rule, there are at least one hundred-odd off-screen deaths in the timeline of Lion King.

Now we came down to two movies with the most probability of having the most deaths, "Atlantis" and "Mulan". (one's a war, and the other features a Super-Submarine getting destroyed by a giant lobster)

If anyone has a link to something like this, post it, otherwise share your theory.

-Chillz

• 23 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Well, Pixar is associated with Disney and they created The Incredibles. That movie had enough violence to receive a PG-13 rating where I live. Besides, who can forget that moment when Dash hops off the helicopter and it crashes into the mountain, killing the pilot? Or maybe when the Omnidroid sits on the kids? Pret-ty violent, if you ask me.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

considering how in mulan they wipe out an entire army in one scene, i think it has the most deaths, and then for live action you have Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and 4 where they destroy two big ships, the English flagship in 3 and barbosa's ship 4

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

The Alice in Wonderland remake shows a moat filled with heads, so that beats most of 'em. Atlantis probably has the most. At the start, everyone outside the bubble drowns. About a hundred are killed by the lobster machine thing. A few dozen more are killed in the ending battle.

Besides, who can forget that moment when Dash hops off the helicopter and it crashes into the mountain, killing the pilot?

Wasn't he punched off?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Wasn't he punched off?

i think you're right
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I would go to say The Incredibles. Not only is there deaths, but it's also violent. But still a superb movie nonetheless.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If we're going by body count, implied or otherwise, it's around 20 or 30. The body count in Atlantis is tenfold that.

i think you're right

Disney movies tend to show the insta-karma without holding back.
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

it would probably be mulon. Im pretty sure tons of people die in that movie

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

It would have to be Mulan. How many people must haved died in the final city battle, that one wiped out city, and there was a war going on so I'm giving that one the highest casualty rate. Atlantis is probably a close second. I'm ignoring Pirates because it was a PG-13 movie.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Well, the POTC line would win, but that's PG13, on account of skeleton crews, krakeni, tentacle suffocation, twin kill by Mr. Mercer, as well as captain stab, stabbing of a disgusting heart, and the overall fact it's set on ships.
So, as second most kills, Atlantis. Destruction of a city, destruction of a sub, destruction of lifepods, and destruction while saving the city.
Also, in Atlantis, did you SEE how the engineer girl just locked a bulkhead door with at least five men in that sinking room? Talk about teaching kids "Save yourself"

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

i haven't seen Atlantis since i was a lot younger. but i guess it would win, considering it shows the destruction of an entire civilization.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Pirates of The Caribbean.
The first one was a dead crew killing more people.
The next was yet another dead crew killing more people including the main character.
The third you see all of these dead people in the underworld and they kill the villain.
The forth was about a guy who had zombies on his ship and who came back from the dead.
Thats that.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

The first one was a dead crew killing more people.

Body count: 42

The next was yet another dead crew killing more people including the main character.

Body count: 93

The third you see all of these dead people in the underworld and they kill the villain.

Body count: 204

The forth was about a guy who had zombies on his ship and who came back from the dead.

Body count: 32

So the overall series has the most, but individually they have less.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Body count: 204

i think that figure is a little off, because it is likely that the cannon fire on the Endevour would of killed most of the crew. The Endevour was either a second rate or a first rate, probably first, ship of the line. that means it had a crew of anywhere from 700-875 men, first rate is 850-875.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

i think that figure is a little off

You're probably right. This says 752 total.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

@Jacen96
The Endeavour is a First Rate, 100 guns. You know, the lieutenants or the gunners would have fired anyway, the Captain's command is not needed. Articles of War state that if the Captain is in no position to make commands, it falls to his First Lieutenant or next in the Chain of Command. So, the body count would shoot up to about 400-500 deaths, rather than 800 lost on Endeavour when she sank.

Showing 1-15 of 23