ForumsPopular MediaMost deaths in a Disney Movie

23 26004
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

So I was having a discussion with my friends and the topic of Disney deaths came up. We eventually came to a particularly interesting question, which Disney movie has the most on-screen and implied deaths?

By "implied" I'm getting at stuff like Lion King; only Scar and Mufasa are shown to die, but it can be implied that, because of widespread devastation that followed Scar's rule, there are at least one hundred-odd off-screen deaths in the timeline of Lion King.

Now we came down to two movies with the most probability of having the most deaths, "Atlantis" and "Mulan". (one's a war, and the other features a Super-Submarine getting destroyed by a giant lobster)

If anyone has a link to something like this, post it, otherwise share your theory.

-Chillz

• 23 Replies
HAMHOCK5
HAMHOCK5
2 posts
Peasant

you think Disney keeps a body count for movies they put out

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Actually since Disney bought marvel, I think avengers has the most deaths. A huge majority of the city was killed and even more aliens were killed. Not to mention the shield thing at the beginning, germany and the flying ship.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@masterforger, what you are saying doesn't make any sense, if only 4-5 hundred people died, what happened to the pirate ships destroyed early on as well as the rest of the crew on the endeavour.

@pickpocket, not that many people were killed at the shield base or germany, only a couple died their. the deaths on the helicarrier probably wasn't more than 50. As for at the end, the aliens didn't get off manhatten, not a huge majority. i guess it might have the most deaths just because the entire invasion army was destroyed and the citizens who died in manhatten, but the shield base, germany, and the helicarrier don't add that many deaths.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

@Jacen96
You're right, the death count is closer to 1000. Two frigates were destroyed, average deaths at 500, death of three fishermen, 503, death of about 30 sailors on both sides in the broadside, 533, death of 800 crewmen on Endeavour, 1333, and then some close quarters fighting, which means the death count is about 1500 people with pennies in their eyes.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

at worlds end definitely wins the title for most deaths.

Anethiel
Anethiel
14 posts
Peasant

This post contains spoilers from the following movies: Mulan, Lion King and The Hunchback of Notre Dame

I don't know which movie has the highest death count, but I can come up with the following with a few minutes of thinking time.

Mulan: Yes, the village and the respective armies of both the Chinese and Huns. We don't know the size of the village, it could be anywhere from a few hundred to about a thousand, tops, seeing that there were many burned out buildings. The troops that set out with Shang's father were few hundred men, but there's nothing that tells if there were more troops waiting them, and the Hun army was massive.

Lion King: Not sure, since the animals could've ventured away after the food was gone. It's implied other herds have moved on since there was nothing to eat; the lions and hyenas were the only one staying due to Scar's unwillingness to move away from Pride Rock.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Frollo burns down most of Paris as shown just before 'A guy like you'. Given that he was completely willing to burn an innocent family inside their home and make them an example, the citizens were most likely left to their own devices, and we can assume the soldiers did nothing to evacuate the people. Also, the soldiers are shown capturing and imprisoning gypsies after 'Hellfire', and most of them were probably thrown into prison or outright executed. Same goes when Frollo razes the Court of Miracles; There are shown to be probably hundreds of gypsies taking refuge, but only a handful of them are shown imprisoned at Esmeralda's execution.

poploggs
poploggs
2 posts
Nomad

I think Fantasia because every dinosaur died.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

This thread is three years old, and it belongs with all the poor Disney characters who gave their lives.

Showing 16-23 of 23