ForumsSupport ForumForum Error

89 13762
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This thread is about an error with the AG3 Forum. All the pages show the same content, which is incorrect. Why would this happen to the forum?

• 89 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Although forum page navigation is no longer messed up, the forums pages no longer update who posted last. At least I have seen this in Forum Games and this forum. I have posted in threads, but it would still show the previous post as the last post. Also, no amount of refreshing will fix this problem.

Update: Only the specific forum pages are affected. The community page updates properly after a refresh.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

is it just me or has it finally stopped?

~manly man

fetheryhorse6
fetheryhorse6
697 posts
Shepherd

ya its not updateing

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Testing update.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

It seems like it has, but I rarely venture off the first page.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It seems like it has, but I rarely venture off the first page.

The forum error in the OP was fixed, but now the forum pages won't update even with multiple updates. The community page and threads can still update with a refresh.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Update: The forums update with thread creations only. I will create a test thread shortly.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This post is to register a new thread. The post is necessary due to the "must post to create" glitch where a post must be made for a new thread to show. The "must post to create" glitch strengthens the Forum Update Error, which is the name for the new glitch and the new thread.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Apparently, thread creation is disabled, which also removes any ability for a forum page to update.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Thread creation isn't disabled. There is a caching issue -- your new thread wont show for a while. I'm aware of this and plan to fix it as well.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Woo! This finally got fixed! =D

Except now hard refresh isn't working forum pages... can we expect that to be fixed within the next few days as well?

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

The other weird bugs should be addressed now..

If you post a new thread, it will show up immediately. "last post by xyz" should update now as well.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Thanks mmorrison! This was really driving us nuts. Glad to see it fixed!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

It is good to hear that everything is finally fixed, all those glitches were annoying.

Showing 76-89 of 89