ForumsSupport ForumForum Error

89 13746
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This thread is about an error with the AG3 Forum. All the pages show the same content, which is incorrect. Why would this happen to the forum?

• 89 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Speak for yourself. I can't access the second page of any subforum at any time. I had to use the forum search to find this thread because it wasn't on the first page.

Same, and given their track record it's unlikely this issue will be fixed. It'll probably be stamped as one of those things they'll resolve in AG3, if and when that ever comes out.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It'll probably be stamped as one of those things they'll resolve in AG3, if and when that ever comes out.

Are we even sure the admins know about this issue, or is everyone waiting for someone else to let the admins know through getsatisfaction?

Seriously, that feedback tab is useless. If you don't have a getsatisfaction account, it's about as helpful as an ejector seat in a helicopter.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Seriously, that feedback tab is useless. If you don't have a getsatisfaction account, it's about as helpful as an ejector seat in a helicopter.

Unfortunately, getsatisfaction appears to be the admins' preferred method of communication as shown by the following comment by mmorrison (a new admin) on his own profile:

no official community manager at the moment, and I don't have any information on plans for one. you can use the feedback tab (should be on the left side of your browser), and we'll see it.

Clearly, if you are correct to call a tab that requires a getsatisfaction account useless, then we need to let the admins know how useless the feedback tab. Given that the admins are trying to increase their visibility through something like the feedback tab, showing how useless the feedback tab is would increase the chance of a community manager, therefore increasing activity and visibility by the admins. I will also post this info on the pickle thread.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Unfortunately, getsatisfaction appears to be the admins' preferred method of communication as shown by the following comment by mmorrison (a new admin) on his own profile:

As I replied to him, there is no user who would rather not have direct contact onsite with at least one admin than go to some other random site to talk to them. It's only an inconvenience to all of us.

Seriously, they're paid to maintain AG. Does it really make any sense at all for them to only communicate with AG users through a completely different site? I don't understand why that would be more convenient for anybody.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

As I replied to him, there is no user who would rather not have direct contact onsite with at least one admin than go to some other random site to talk to them. It's only an inconvenience to all of us.

Seriously, they're paid to maintain AG. Does it really make any sense at all for them to only communicate with AG users through a completely different site? I don't understand why that would be more convenient for anybody.

Then we need to let them know how inconvenient communication through getsatisfaction is.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Then we need to let them know how inconvenient communication through getsatisfaction is.

How are we going to do that? We can't use getsatisfaction to tell them how inconvenient getsatisfaction is, and there's no way they're going to see it if we post it here.

The only thing we can do is ignore the feedback tab so they'll deem it ineffective.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

How are we going to do that? We can't use getsatisfaction to tell them how inconvenient getsatisfaction is, and there's no way they're going to see it if we post it here.

Someone could e-mail the admins explaining why getsatisfaction is inconvenient.

The only thing we can do is ignore the feedback tab so they'll deem it ineffective.

Doing this in addition to the e-mail would be a good idea.
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Admins do read this forum. And I'm new so I'm not familiar with all the intricacies of the site just yet -- I didn't realize you had to sign up for getsatisfaction.

But, posting here or using feedback will get noticed.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Admins do read this forum. And I'm new so I'm not familiar with all the intricacies of the site just yet -- I didn't realize you had to sign up for getsatisfaction.

But, posting here or using feedback will get noticed.

You don't even know how rare it is for an administrator to post something that we can take and consider. Now, as you aren't aware of how the site works yet, I'm not aware of how the staff works. In the past we've had community managers who would reply frequently and were always there for help. We need this again; the generic responses and no-replies are driving us nuts. We fortunately have Joey Betz and Justin Royster that help out a lot with the site and we see them a lot, but we need more.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It's possible that some progress has been made with this error in the past few hours. I can now view the first two pages of the Tavern properly, though every other page now looks like the second page instead of the first.

I need someone to confirm that this is happening to someone else and not just me.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think it's just you, Ernie. It hasn't changed for me.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Huh. This is quite strange. Look on the bright side, though. At least we don't have to worry about old threads being unnecessarily revived.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Admins do read this forum.

I'm sorry, but I find this hard to believe. With as many questions we have about the site, reporting bugs, and ideas posted in AG3, we rarely ever see them post or see any action done. I know reading is different from posting, but it would be great if they actually posted in their forum. Answering specific site questions regarding stuff others can't normally answer, talking about bugs such as these, and discussing ideas in the AG3 subforum.
At least we don't have to worry about old threads being unnecessarily revived.

Thing is most threads on page two and three aren't that old. Most of them are better than the new threads that clutter up the first page as well.
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Fixed the bug. Thanks for the report!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Fixed the bug. Thanks for the report!

It was fixed, but another glitch occurred with the following description:

Although forum page navigation is no longer messed up, the forums pages no longer update who posted last. At least I have seen this in Forum Games and this forum. I have posted in threads, but it would still show the previous post as the last post. Also, no amount of refreshing will fix this problem.
Showing 61-75 of 89