ForumsGamesWhich Zelda game is the best?

62 10061
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

My favorite zelda game would either be Ocarina of Time, or Skyward Sword.

• 62 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

p.s. I had a chance to get Majora's Mask on Wii virtual console through Club Nintendo, but decided not to because i don't care for the 3-day time limit.

You get to retry those three days as much as you want and you keep all the important stuff you have, including rupees, mask and most quest items, even if you do go back to the beginning.
The three-day thing just works to add some challenge to your dungeon exploring and make you have to manage your time a little by fast-forwarding and slowing down, but it's not a limit. It's just an interesting mechanic that regulates the game world.

IMO it's one of the best Zelda game exactly because of that. You don't see many games with that sort of original concept anymore.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

keep all the important stuff you have, including rupees

nope, you have to store those in the bank. if you dont do that you lose them too...

and i was trying to tell him that without giving too much info... didnt want to spoil it for him. but i guess its not much of a spoiler anyway. and honestly, its not that of a challange either if you use the you-know-what (im sure you know?). i think its just there to give a darker feeling to the game (just like looking up). its the only zelda game (i think) where you pretty much fight a natural disaster and not a bad guy. and its a slow death in a way too. i think the main reason they made it this way was also to give each NPC a special schedule each day.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

nope, you have to store those in the bank.

...thus keeping them. I don't see your point.
I agree, the 3-day thing and that sick moon grin looming over you give the game a much darker, impending doom sort of feeling. It's generally the darkest Zelda game all-around in my opinion, even though the Shadow Temple in OoT gives it a run for its money.

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
joeyman2
joeyman2
65 posts
Peasant

Twilight Princess is the best one

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

The first Zelda games are sooo much different than the new ones.

miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

The first Zelda games are sooo much different than the new ones.

No kidding. I got Zelda I and II through virtual console and they are HARD. Although they do remind me of Link's Awakening, which was my first Zelda game. Or rather LA resembles them...

I haven't been disappointed with a Zelda game yet. Well, I guess I didn't care for the originals too much, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, seeing as how they are older than I am.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

[/quote]wow... are you sure you understood that correctly. the 3-day time limit plays a ROLE in the game but you dont actually play it for 3 days... please read it again its a great game.

Yes, it is not a 3 day time limit real time, but a 54 minute time limit, and I don't care for time limits.

[quote]You get to retry those three days as much as you want and you keep all the important stuff you have, including rupees, mask and most quest items, even if you do go back to the beginning.
The three-day thing just works to add some challenge to your dungeon exploring and make you have to manage your time a little by fast-forwarding and slowing down, but it's not a limit. It's just an interesting mechanic that regulates the game world.
Well that just doesn't make sense, because you are going back in time, you should keep rupees you have in your pocket instead of the bank.

p.s. now you are making me regret my decision to not get majora's mask, for free.
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

the best one is skyward sword because that game is a big hit

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Most, if not all, Zelda games were big hits..
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

OoT 3D... because it's 3D!!! But really it's better than the others no doubt. I've played Twilight Princess and it wasn't that great. I like Ocarina of Time because it when you go to the future and see what happened to the different people and communities, it makes you realize the consequences of your actions.

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

Ocarina of Time is the most epic for me. But i think Majoras Mask is the most touching and fun to play.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

While not a bad game, it's certainly my least liked of all the console LoZ games.

it makes you realize the consequences of your actions.

The consequence of the world being taken over because you went into some other dimension for 7 years to grow up to stop that evil? I always thought that was kind of odd. It's not really your actions either.

Ocarina of Time is the most epic for me

I shall forever remember when I was ~9 years old walking out of the Temple of Time and into Hyrule...only to be screamed at by a zombie. Gave me nightmares...

I agree though Ocarina of Time is one of the best games ever. Interesting story, good gameplay, good graphics (for its time to be sure) various quests, challenging dungeons and an entire world to explore.

Wind Waker is probably the second best LoZ console game, followed by Majora's Mask.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I have to agree with Sauron23, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is the best. It has puzzles, skill, and fun. Epic.

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

yup they made ocarina in time in 3D. it looks a little more epic.

42% of majoras mask players say that it was annoying.

legend of zelda twilight princess has the most realistic looking out of all the legend of zelda games.

link to the past is pretty good. even when it is old every one still likes it.

man I think the legend of zelda games will be #1 in the nintendo's best game list

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

42% of majoras mask players say that it was annoying.

Again...another percentage you seem to pull out of thin air. Where, pray tell, did you come up with such a number?

even when it is old every one still likes it.

You say this as if you are surprised people would like a game that is "old"...

man I think the legend of zelda games will be #1 in the nintendo's best game list

Pokemon I can see a possibility of it beating with how they have been dropping, but would still be very hard to beat. On top of that, however, is Nintendo's pride and joy..the best selling franchise that houses the most popular video game character of all time...Mario...which I don't see The Legend of Zelda beating
Showing 16-30 of 62