kevin8ye

kevin8ye

514 posts

OCARINA OR SKYWARD SWORD

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 6:37pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

Twilight, for the same reasons of Miniphu, i love how it wasn't so cartoony as the others, hope they make another like that

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 8:48pm

godandd

godandd

106 posts

Ocarina< Majoras mask

You mad Ocarina fans?

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 11:14pm

Lendek

Lendek

45 posts

A link to the past FTW

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 12:47am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,272 posts

I have only played Twilight Princess, it was a great game, i am planning to get skyward sword from the library at some point.

p.s. I had a chance to get Majora's Mask on Wii virtual console through Club Nintendo, but decided not to because i don't care for the 3-day time limit.

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 6:01am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,917 posts

p.s. I had a chance to get Majora's Mask on Wii virtual console through Club Nintendo, but decided not to because i don't care for the 3-day time limit.

wow... are you sure you understood that correctly. the 3-day time limit plays a ROLE in the game but you dont actually play it for 3 days... please read it again its a great game.

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 6:26am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

You get to retry those three days as much as you want and you keep all the important stuff you have, including rupees, mask and most quest items, even if you do go back to the beginning.
The three-day thing just works to add some challenge to your dungeon exploring and make you have to manage your time a little by fast-forwarding and slowing down, but it's not a limit. It's just an interesting mechanic that regulates the game world.

IMO it's one of the best Zelda game exactly because of that. You don't see many games with that sort of original concept anymore.

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 7:36am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,917 posts

keep all the important stuff you have, including rupees

nope, you have to store those in the bank. if you dont do that you lose them too...

and i was trying to tell him that without giving too much info... didnt want to spoil it for him. but i guess its not much of a spoiler anyway. and honestly, its not that of a challange either if you use the you-know-what (im sure you know?). i think its just there to give a darker feeling to the game (just like looking up). its the only zelda game (i think) where you pretty much fight a natural disaster and not a bad guy. and its a slow death in a way too. i think the main reason they made it this way was also to give each NPC a special schedule each day.

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 9:02am

TheZanmato

TheZanmato

112 posts

Ocarina of Time is the best game :D

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 9:47am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

nope, you have to store those in the bank.

...thus keeping them. I don't see your point.
I agree, the 3-day thing and that sick moon grin looming over you give the game a much darker, impending doom sort of feeling. It's generally the darkest Zelda game all-around in my opinion, even though the Shadow Temple in OoT gives it a run for its money.

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Reply to Which Zelda game is the best?

You must be logged in to post a reply!