ForumsGamesWhich Zelda game is the best?

62 10063
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

My favorite zelda game would either be Ocarina of Time, or Skyward Sword.

• 62 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Again...another percentage you seem to pull out of thin air. Where, pray tell, did you come up with such a number?

Though I too am questioning the percentage, I have to agree with the sentiment. MM was definitely the most challenging of all the LoZ games for me, but there were many annoying parts. Having to re-do days over and over again to get certain masks, long dungeons w/ the hidden fairies and a time limit to boot, plus the ridiculously anti-climatic boss. Woo mask dances around with funky music while you slash at it...

You say this as if you are surprised people would like a game that is "old"...

I always find it odd that people automatically count out 'old' games. Many newer games nowadays just focus on graphics and multiplayer...not the actual gameplay, balance, storyline, uniqueness, or challenge.

Point and cue, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Sure, they both look great. But they're a far cry from the puzzles in OOT, MM, and while SS tried to be unique in the sky area they seriously screwed that up, it's just an empty travel area. I didn't mind the travel in WW because there was sunken treasure, a myriad of islands to explore, random barrels to jump over and cool areas. It was a nice change of pace.
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

again..another percentage

from the game informer magazine
carzas
carzas
10 posts
Peasant

OoT no matter what anybody says. But it has to be on the N64.

LavaCake
LavaCake
10 posts
Nomad

Ocarina of Time OR Majora's Mask

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

OoT bro. no doubt. i could beat that game in probably 10 hours if i wanted to, but thats besides the point.

OoT. best. zelda. game. EVAR!

its true people.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

. Many newer games nowadays just focus on graphics and multiplayer...not the actual gameplay, balance, storyline, uniqueness, or challenge.

I totally agree. I suppose the story to Halo is okay, but the gameplay just isn't fun. Just can't stand Halo and such games. Then again, there are a lot of great games that don't have story lines, such as Mario Kart, and SSB.
leeroyboy
leeroyboy
4 posts
Peasant

Ocarina of time is a definite answer from me.

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

ocarina of time

the 3DS one is more graphical
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

my top 3 would be skyward sword, just because of ghirahim, and the fact that the sword matches your exact movement. Wind waker because, seriously, how could you not love it, toon link, and there's so much to explore, for some reason i think that there's more in wind waker than any other, but i think it is actually the same. and then, twilight princess. amazing, midna is my favorite character in the entire zelda universe.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I gotta say a tie between Skyward and Ocarina.

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

Only played a few zelda games, but I really love Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Being a wolf is so cool :-;

Ninjapirate1234
Ninjapirate1234
28 posts
Blacksmith

I like Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and the Legend of Zelda

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I like 'A Link to The Past', handheld edition.

Raylene3
Raylene3
12 posts
Nomad

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were great because of their amazing graphics. But Ocarina of Time, Spirit Tracks, and Phantom Hourglass were also fairly entertaining. I have not played any of the other games because I am so unlucky.

erthkwake
erthkwake
37 posts
Nomad

Majora's Mask. Like OoT, but much better.

Showing 31-45 of 62