ForumsWEPRNot One Minute

51 17523
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Many of us all have some knowledge about the Munich Olympic Massacre which occurred in 1972, 40 years ago. In this tragedy against peace and sportsmanship, Palestinian terrorists entered the Olympic Village and killed 11 members of the Israeli Olympic Team. 40 years later, the survivors of this injustice and the relatives of the victims are only asking for one minute of silence to remember the athletes who where killed. However the IOC have turned them down time after time after time claiming it would make the Games, "too political." However, as Representative Nita Lowey of New York states, "For those of the IOC who say that this (moment of silence) is political, I would say just the opposite: If this were any nation other than Israel, there would have been a moment of silence long ago." And I believe this to be the unfortunate case, because, in the aftermath of the killings in 1972, the Arab nations refused to have any hand in the mourning of the athletes, showing that they supported these murders.

Do you think that the Munich 11 (as they are so immortalized) deserve one minute of silence? Or do you think the IOC is correct in attempting to allow the massacres to fade from memory?

• 51 Replies
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

what's to say that the countries who don't want to give tribute to the victims won't boycott further events if the one minute is made?

Then those countries don't deserve to participate, as that would show their true colors as racist.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Where did you get that racism from again? We're talking about political/territorial hostilities between countries here.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Where did you get that racism from again?

Sorry, poor choice of words.

I meant to say that it would show their true colors as supporting the brutal killings of civilians, who aren't even in a combat zone.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

I don't give a **** if you don't like Israel.

Who said I don't like Israel? And how can you know I am not an Israeli myself? It another prove you think everyone is antisemitic.

Can you even learn to comprehend reading?

No I cant, because I already have.

I meant to say that it would show their true colors as supporting the brutal killings of civilians, who aren't even in a combat zone.

I don't want that one minute silence either, and last time I checked, I don't support any killings.

Just because people have different opinions, doesn't mean they support murder or killings. Take me for an example, I don't want that one minute silence, because after my opinion it will be disrespectful towards all those millions of people who died.

I personally don't like to take one persons life above other, it doesn't matter whatever the one is athlete, and the other just an ordinary civilian.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Who said I don't like Israel? And how can you know I am not an Israeli myself? It another prove you think everyone is antisemitic.

How is that proof exactly? I simply said that I don't care if you dislike Israel. Stop pulling the conclusion, "He countered me at this, he thinks I'm antisemitic" equation out of your behind all the time.

I don't want that one minute silence either, and last time I checked, I don't support any killings.

Yeah, but you wouldn't boycott the Olympics if there was a minute of silence.

I don't want that one minute silence, because after my opinion it will be disrespectful towards all those millions of people who died.

Who died when!? And using this logic, there shouldn't be a minute of silence for the victims of 9/11, there shouldn't be one for any fallen troops in battle, there shouldn't be one for the victims of the Holocaust. There shouldn't be one for the victims of the Armenien genocide. The list goes on and on and on.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

there shouldn't be a minute of silence for the victims of 9/11, there shouldn't be one for any fallen troops in battle, there shouldn't be one for the victims of the Holocaust. There shouldn't be one for the victims of the Armenien genocide. The list goes on and on and on.

agree...
Showing 46-51 of 51