ForumsArt, Music, and WritingExperiences

6 3917
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

The green grass was about the height of my waist, as I was exploring the mysterious open meadows just behind the cabin. At times, it would seem like the land would stretch forever into the distance. Everywhere and every direction I turned I could see the bright blue, cloudless sky above the fresh land covered in tall grass and thousands of dandelions. 

I looked down at my wrist. 2 oâclock, my watch had read. It had been stuck at this time for days, as itâs battery had died. It was too significant to throw away, I could never take it off.

As the warm summer breeze guested around my body I could smell the fresh afternoon wind. It had a nostalgic feeling to it, even though I had just moved to these mountains several months ago. 

It was so dreamy, everything felt surreal and perfect. In the distance, I could spot out a mountain range, even thought it hardly stood out. As I turned around the start heading back to the chain, I heard a faint sound. 

âIs that⦠a train?â I thought to myself.

Indeed it was. A train in the meadows. It was getting closer, and louder. Just as it seemed to be right behind me, I woke up.

âIt was all just a dream. Just a dream.â I quietly whispered, followed by a deep, heavy sigh.

• 6 Replies
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Three small windows, all slightly cracked open, patiently waiting for the frequent ocean breeze to roll in. Nearby songs of birds and the faint symphonies of the gentle waves crashing, one after the other seeped inside. The cluttered room was overtaken with the silent darkness of dim lights, hardly illuminating anything. Bed unmade, drawers open, and clothes scattered all around the the unvacuumed floor.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I like how in the second story I get to guess what the experience was. I thought the imagry was a nice, and while it didn't really leave much of a challage, it still let me have a few options of my own to imagine. I'm not exactly sure what this thread is about exactly. Are you making stories of experiences that intrest you?

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

No, the thread title is not relevant to the posts.

I'll be posting short images painted with words I write from time to time.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

All alone, quietly observing my surroundings. Nowadays I canât tell if Iâm awake of dreaming - and to be honest, Iâd prefer to be dreaming. Itâs that kind of silence where itâs so quiet, itâs loud.

Iâm in the deep woods sitting on a large mossy rock alongside an old unused trail. The only audible sound is the pine trees, swaying in the wind. And just like that, the scenery dissolved right in front of me. Iâm now resting on a white bench in a small, confined, completely white room. Thereâs a grey metal door to the left of my, with a small square window in the center.

I get up, and as soon as I touch the door, it disappeared instantly. I donât like it here. I can hear heavy machines through the thins walls, as if Iâm in a quiet factory. As I stand in the door frame, a man with a long white coat, black leather boots, and thick glasses quickly passes right in front of me, without turning his head.

A few seconds past after he had left my view, so I took a step out and turned to the right, to see where he was going. But nothing, nothing was there. No man, no hallway, no anything. Just blank white.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Thanks! Nice to see you again, man.

Sunshine slowly seeped through the small dirty windows of the two wooden, wide open doors. The house faces towards the meadow, where millions of dandelions would quietly dance to the breeze, swaying with each gust of wind. The old wood floor creeped with every silent step, every slight movement of the Earth. A wore down rocking chair sat on the porch, ever so slowly rocking back and forth, being pushed by the gusts. Several wind chimes glistened softly at the top corner of the porch, as birds glided by and chirped their songs away.

Showing 1-5 of 6