ForumsThe TavernNFL

112 22521
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

What is your favorite nfl team or player.

• 112 Replies
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

anyways there is a ruke saying that if there are 2 player on opposing teams who both caught the ball and are fighting over it in the end zone the ball goes the the offensive player

Actually there is an exception to the rule when the defense gains control before simultaneous possession occurs. If you're looking at more than just a freeze frame it's pretty easy to see that Jennings had control of the ball and Tate didn't have a hand on it until they started coming down and Jennings pulled the ball towards his chest to avoid losing it when he landed. The refs call could have easily been overturned when the play was reviewed based on that. There's also the complete bs pass interference call the refs made earlier in the game that gave the Seahawks a first down when the ball should have been turned over and the highly questionable roughing the passer call that let the Seahawks keep the ball after the Packers intercepted a pass. Had either one of those calls not been made the Packers would have gained possession of the ball and the game would have been over.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Whats up with this week in the NFL? Very low scoring, the only high scoring game was Giants-Browns today.

Can Michael Vick endure the season? 3 fumbles today 3! And 2 went to the Steelers. He entered Week 5 with 47 knockdowns, by far the most in the nfl.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

Can Michael Vick endure the season? 3 fumbles today 3! And 2 went to the Steelers. He entered Week 5 with 47 knockdowns, by far the most in the nfl.

Thats great! I hope RG111 will be okay.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I am a New York Jets fan but I don't like Mark Sanchez at all. He is a terrible quarterback. I seriously think Tim Tebow should replace him.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I seriously think Tim Tebow should replace him.

Tebow isn't really better though. What they need is a QB that is good. Tebow is sometimes good but inconsistent.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Tebow isn't really better though. What they need is a QB that is good. Tebow is sometimes good but inconsistent.

I know Tebow is not that good. But ANYTHING is better than Sanchez, don't you agree?
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Tebow isn't that good, but he plays with much more passion than Sanchez and is a winner. He doesn't do it in the most graceful way, but he gets it done.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yet they're not putting in Tebow more. They're both let's face it are not that good. Or let's just say, inconsistent. They have their ups and downs in games. But to lose to the Texans by only 6 points is an improvement compared to the 9ers loss.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Is anyone here old enough to remember when the Raiders were actually a fairly good team? I actually went to games when they were worth watching. Rich Gannon, Jerry Rice, Jerry Porter, Charles Woodson....those were the days.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I wasn't really into football back then. I've been them play via Youtube. They were a very dominate team. Full package, good offense and defense. Now, it's just oh hi new coach, a year later, oh you're fired and so on.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Is anyone here old enough to remember when the Raiders were actually a fairly good team?

Me! Me! Remember that time they made it to the Super Bowl and got killed by the Bucs? I have never been a Raiders fan. They just don't have 'nice' fans.
hardinthepaint
hardinthepaint
2 posts
Nomad

the Colts. Andrew Luck is awesome!

hardinthepaint
hardinthepaint
2 posts
Nomad

the colts are amazing. simple truth when Andrew Luck leads the team.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Remember that time they made it to the Super Bowl and got killed by the Bucs?

That was the only Superbowl I ever watched. Even though they got crushed, they still had two future hall-of-famers playing. The Bucs didn't have any.

They just don't have 'nice' fans.

What do you expect? Oakland isn't exactly famous for their warm and welcoming people.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I am a New York Jets fan but I don't like Mark Sanchez at all. He is a terrible quarterback. I seriously think Tim Tebow should replace him.

know Tebow is not that good. But ANYTHING is better than Sanchez, don't you agree

Tebow isn't that good, but he plays with much more passion than Sanchez and is a winner. He doesn't do it in the most graceful way, but he gets it done

Yet they're not putting in Tebow more. They're both let's face it are not that good. Or let's just say, inconsistent. They have their ups and downs in games. But to lose to the Texans by only 6 points is an improvement compared to the 9ers loss.

You all left out something big
TEBOW CAN RUN!!!

his legs are a great help for the jets!

Is anyone here old enough to remember when the Raiders were actually a fairly good team?

wasnt that back when they had McFadden

What do you expect? Oakland isn't exactly famous for their warm and welcoming people.

you mean raider nation
the only team with a name for their fans
or at least cool one
Showing 76-90 of 112