ForumsThe TavernNFL

112 22455
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

What is your favorite nfl team or player.

• 112 Replies
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

lol no

dont be jealous pickpocket
you know you are
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

you know you are

*checks* no..... Not jealous. You should be jealous
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Regarding OP.

I actually have more then 1 favorite team, though this season I'm going for 1 overall.

Mine are:
~Dolphins (I know they suck..)
~Colts
~Giants

I'm obviously going for Giants this year. And no I did not jump on the bandwagon, been a fan for quite some time now. Also I haven't posted in the forums of this site in forever(This is irrelevant so ignore it).

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

COWBOYS GAME!!!!!!!

OPENING GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!

GO AMERICA'S TEAM!!!!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

COWBOYS GAME!!!!!!!

OPENING GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!

GO AMERICA'S TEAM!!!!

Really? Last I checked, it was a GIANTS game.
I'm obviously going for Giants this year. And no I did not jump on the bandwagon, been a fan for quite some time now. Also I haven't posted in the forums of this site in forever(This is irrelevant so ignore it).

This guy gets it.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's still a close game (Cowboys vs Giants). 14-10 Cowboys lead. I still want the Giants to win even though they aren't my favorite team. They are more consistent.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

*checks* no..... Not jealous. You should be jealous

in your dreams

Im glad you said that cuz before the superbowl I only met 1 peson who likes the Giants
and after ive met about 10
yah
its really annoying

Really? Last I checked, it was a GIANTS game.

I prefer cowboys

It's still a close game (Cowboys vs Giants). 14-10 Cowboys lead. I still want the Giants to win even though they aren't my favorite team. They are more consistent

ehh im watching it on recording right now
and tks for ruing the score
im still at a 14-3

anyway who do you think the final matchup will be

i know the top 3 in the confrences i just am having a little trouble putting t together

well heres my scratch work

NFC
49ers
Saints
Packers

AFC
Patriots
Ravens
Texans

my best matchup is 49ers and pats

bout you
and be realistic people

and i am watching and writhing this at the same time so i just saw the touchdown
its now 14-10
COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

update
17-10
go cowbaoys
its still a one possesion game so lets hope the boys can score again and make it a 2

COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

good news
*claps twice*

cowboys touchdown
5:30 left in the half

24-10 cowboys on top

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Cowboys win 24-17

yah i didn't do that last update

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

As superbob has said, the Cowboys won.

Here's a few quick observations as I watched the first game of the 2012 regular season kick off with two historic rivals...

Offensive Line Play It was pretty bad on both teams. Dallas has revamped and moved everyone around on their O-line. To make matters worse, Phil Costa played only a few snaps before taken out with back spams. Dallas received 5 or 6 false start penalties (3 of those being on their best lineman, Tyron Smith). Neither team was getting push from their O-line in the running game in the first half.

Tony Romo delivers big As Cris Collinsworth said, Tony Romo may have had arguably one of the best games of his career. He was redirecting, calling many audibles, spinning out of pressure from the likes of Jason-Pierre Paul, and despite the very awful line play, was only sacked once. He eclipsed over 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Kevin Ogletree steps up to the occasion Going into this game, this team was still questioning who their third receiver might be. It was a tiring question all summer long, and had you watched the game, you'd think Kevin Ogletree eliminated those questions (at least for now). The guy came out and played phenomenal. Outplaying both superstars Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, Tony found him twice in the endzone. Oh and by the way, he caught the game-clinching catch. Not bad for a guy who was fighting for a roster spot just a month ago.

Comparing Secondaries The Giants were already plagued with secondary issues and injuries coming into this game. With Terrell Thomas out for the year with a knee injury and Prince Akumaura out for the game with a sprained ankle, the Giants were forced to start Michael Coe at cornerback opposite Webster and put rookie Jayron Hosley on the slot receiver. Coe played pretty decent, but he was injured on the tail end of the third quarter. The Giants were forced to put in fourth option Just Tryon. Tony Romo and the rest of the Dallas offense recognized it, and went after him for the rest of the game. And it worked.

As for Dallas, with their revamped secondary, played very well, to say the least. Brandon Carr and even rookie Mo Claiborne kept stars Victor Cruz (although he dropped some key passes) and Hakeem Nicks in check. The not-so-big name safeties Sensabaugh and Barry Church both also played very well.

The jist of it You've gotta feel pretty darn good right now if you're a Dallas fan. The defense showed promise and have seem to upgraded huge from a season ago. Tony Romo looks like..well.. Tony Romo. But maybe even a little bit better. DeMarco Murray eclipsed 100 yards rushing despite the O-line and they may have found their number three receiver. The only thing, right now, that Dallas fans should have angst about is their O-line. But for now, it doesn't get any sweeter than beating the defending champs on their own turf to start the 2012 NFL season.

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

Colts and Saints. Drew Brees is an awesome quarterback.

TennesseeBoy
TennesseeBoy
20 posts
Farmer

I'm a fan of the Titans. Everyone has them as losing their division to the Texans, but I always thought Locker was a good QB and I wanted him to start last year during his rookie season, but that didn't happen. Last year, the Titans were the only team with a winning record that didn't make the playoffs. NFL analysts must've finally seen what I see when I look at Locker because now they added Tennessee as the NFL's major sleeper. Many now even have Tennessee as winning their own division. I think Tennessee is the best team right now and they're going to prove it this year.

Reaper7708
Reaper7708
1 posts
Nomad

football

themyth99
themyth99
1 posts
Nomad

FOOTBALL!!!!!

Showing 31-45 of 112