ForumsThe TavernNFL

112 22517
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

What is your favorite nfl team or player.

• 112 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

TEBOW CAN RUN!!!

You forgot he can't run all the time. If the Jets go up against a good rush offense like the 49ers, Seahawks, Steelers, etc. they'll probably die. Those defenses are too fast and smart to let him run all game. In the NFL you need a passing QB to win most games. You can run all you want in College Football not in the NFL.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

TEBOW CAN RUN!!!

He gets paid too much to get injured on a run. Besides, a QB sneak may work on a no-show FCS team that has no defense, but try pulling that move against a legit defense, like Pitt, Baltimore, or the San-Fran. The Offensive Coordinator would get a new butt-hole chewed out for him if he deliberatly called a play that put a QB sneak s the first option.

Not to mention, if he actually ran even a bit, a team would just place a spy on him and it would totally defeat the purpose. NFL teams are too good and too deep to pull off a move like that with any sort of consistency.
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I like the Seahawks, Ravens, and Eagles. They are all doing pretty well this year, and that makes me happy.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

wasnt that back when they had McFadden

They still have McFadden.

No, I'm talking about the 2002 Raiders. Long before McFadden entered the picture.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I honestly thought I think that season where it was Jason Campbell's last season. They were actually doing good. Until that game where Campbell got injured and was out for the whole season. They were on a good roll. Then, Carson Palmer was put in. Who hasn't played for a while. He was rusty. Now with a new coaching staff and the death of Al Davis. There rebuilding process will last for quite a while. Unless of course they have a breakout season like their 49ers did. But now competing with Peyton Manning and a healthy Charger team, I don think they'll be on top looking toward the next few years.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I like two teams at the moment First is Giants then Steelers But it believe the giants will be in the championship game again this year if they win omg they will be unstoppable

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

That was the only Superbowl I ever watched.

You've only watched one Superbowl? Wow...

Cardinals lost again =/... Why did Kevin Kolb have to get hurt last week? John Skelton is doing okay, but he's just not that great.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I like the Seahawks, Ravens, and Eagles. They are all doing pretty well this year, and that makes me happy.

The Seahawks are my favorite team. They are winning games except for when they shoot themselves in the foot, which sadly has been every division game.

The Ravens D is gone. They aren't going to get that far.

Eagles make too many mistakes. If they stop making them though they will be a really good team.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I'm not a huge football person, but my favorite team is Da Bears. :P

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I like the Seahawks, Ravens, and Eagles. They are all doing pretty well this year, and that makes me happy

not better than my texans

They still have McFadden.

sorry not MCFadden i meant jim plucket

The Ravens D is gone. They aren't going to get that far.

is that why my texans beat them so badly

Eagles make too many mistakes. If they stop making them though they will be a really good team.

are you talking about turnovers?
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

are you talking about turnovers?

Yes he is. If Micheal Vick can make better decisions rather than focusing on extending plays, then they have the chance. There's already enough talent on the team. But it comes down to execution, clutch, and maturity.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Yes he is. If Micheal Vick can make better decisions rather than focusing on extending plays, then they have the chance. There's already enough talent on the team. But it comes down to execution, clutch, and maturity.

i think they need a better o-line

they need some more help on defense

LeSean McCoy is the heart and soul of the team
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Normally, the quarterback would be the heart and soul of the teams. But you are right in this case. LeSean McCoy is probably their best player right now.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I think is he is one of the few good players on te team. I personally think both Vick and Reid are gonna lose their jobs.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

They might lose their jobs. If they do, what QB's should they take? I don't see a lot of options out there. But I was thinking about Matt Flynn or Jason Campbell. Despite, doing horrible on Monday, Campbell is a pretty decent QB. But it wasn't his fault on Monday. It partly was,. The O-line was to blame, Bowman, the two Smith's, and Willis just dominated the front.

Showing 91-105 of 112