ForumsThe TavernDog fighting

9 3417
soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

who knows what dogfighting is? no it isn't 2 dogs fighting but air to air combat beetween 2 or more planes. quote from wikipedia "A dogfight or dog fight is aerial combat between fighter aircraft. The term originated during World War I.Modern terminology for aerial combat between aircraft is air-to-air combat and air combat maneuvering, or ACM."
Very few people know about this but it shaped our history with the 2 world wars it is an interesting thing and the games involved with it are fun. One i recomened is shockwings search it up on google it is a fun game.

• 9 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I am currently training to be a pilot in the RAF and so yes i know all about dogfighting. I have undergone amny excercises. Its good to see someone else on AG who is interested in air power.

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

really what do you fly euro fighter or a bomber of some sort

invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

Yeah! They did a reinaction of one at an airshow I went to. That was cool.

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

ya but on shockwings turn off g force because a simple banking turn pulls like 7 gs

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

this kinda branches off a bit, but this thread reminded me of it. when i was watchin a war movie, i think pearl harbor, with my dad, he told me that it was the worst place to be (he wasnt even in the war, he got it from his dad). during the two world wars, at least i think it was both, they only had 1 radio channel. basically, everybody could hear the screams of the pilots being shot down. still sounds horrible as i write it. the whole dogfighting thing just reminded me of it

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

pearl harbour was not the worst iwo jima was when all the us marines were on the beach the japenese stated shooting the explosivers and it was a slaughter

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I like dog fighting, but space style.

Fighting is bad, and so is killing. Peace be with the world.

KingRyan

Nater
Nater
1,298 posts
Nomad

i like dog fighting i know some stuff about not a whole lot though

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

haha, nater, if i didnt know this was about planes, what u just wrote would reeeeaaaally sound bad. lol

Showing 1-9 of 9